We've got this hot new item on the way! Reserve yours today to get it as soon as it's available! Feel free to contact us for any additional information.
Thirty-three years after the release of one of the most legendary and iconic signature guitars of all time, the Ibanez JEM, Steve Vai and Ibanez have once again collaborated on something completely new, in what Steve has described as ”the next evolution of the JEM”. After an exciting process of research and development, Steve and Ibanez were able to create something that exceeded all expectations, something that Steve has deemed “Paradise in Art”. Ibanez is proud to offer the Ibanez PIA, as the next of evolution of our amazing partnership with Steve Vai.
- 5pc Maple/Walnut neck
The 5pc Maple/Walnut neck provides tonal clarity and superior attack.
- Rosewood fretboard
Rosewood fretboard provides a well-balanced solid tone with a focused mid range.
- Jumbo Stainless Steel frets with Prestige fret edge treatment
Stainless steel frets boast excellent corrosion resistance. The wide and tall fret-type offers a quick response, good articulation when playing chords and clear tone when playing single notes.
The Prestige Fret Edge Treatment guarantees effortlessly fast playing.
- Alder body
The Alder body delivers a well-balanced bright tone, enriched resonance and sustain.
- DiMarzio® UtoPIA™ pickups
Based on Steve's tonal preferences, DiMarzio® UtoPIA™ pickups are voiced for smoother highs, scooped mids and a more pronounced low-end. DiMarzio® UtoPIA™ pickups incorporate beautiful aesthetics and design elements meant to complement the cosmetic features of the guitar.
- Gotoh® machine heads
Gotoh® machine heads provide super precision, smooth feel, and minimal back lush.
- Edge tremolo
The masterpiece Edge bridge offers exceptional tuning stability, precise intonation adjustment, and playing comfort.
- High-pass filter on volume control (push/pull)
A high pass filter on the volume pot maintains highs at low volumes.
- Luminlay side dots
The Luminlay side dot position marks make it easy for players to see fretboard position marks when performing on dark stages.
- Hardshell case included
Ibanez Hardshell case gives extreme protection for your beloved instrument.
- Petal Grip
Exclusively designed for the PIA, the new Petal Grip offers a balanced, contemporary design aesthetic. It’s also meant to symbolize unity, companionship, and interpersonal bonds.
- Magnetic Tremolo Cavity Plate
The tremolo cavity plate is held in place magnetically, allowing for quick removal and reinstallation when changing strings or adjusting the tremolo system.
- PIA Blossom inlay
The newly designed PIA Blossom inlay is gorgeous, prominent, and elegantly imparts Steve Vai’s trademark style and artistic vision.
- Scalloped Fingerboard on 21-24 Frets
For easier high note bending and tapping
- Ultralite Tremolo Arm™ included
The Ultralite Tremolo Arm™ achieved a significant reduction in weight by utilizing Carbon Graphite for the grip, resulting in less interaction with strings and more sensitive control of the tremolo arm movement.
- Neck Joint: Bolt-on
- Neck Material: 5pc Maple/Walnut
- Neck finish: Satin Polyurethane
- Neck thickness (1st fret, mm): 18
- Neck thickness (12th fret, mm): 20
- Scale (inch): 25.5
- Nut width (mm): 43
- Number of fret: 24
- Fretboard: Rosewood
- Fretboard Radius (mm): 430
- Fret Type: Jumbo Stainless Steel
- Inlay: PIA Blossom
- Body Material (For Solid): Alder
- Body finish: Gloss Polyurethane
- Bridge: Edge
- String spacing (mm): 10.8
- Nut: Locking
- Machine Head: Gotoh® machine heads
- Hardware color: Chrome
- Neck Pickup: DiMarzio® UtoPIA™ (H)
- Middle Pickup: DiMarzio® UtoPIA™ (S)
- Bridge Pickup: DiMarzio® UtoPIA™ (H)
- Controls, Pickup selector: 1 Volume, 1 Tone, 5-way lever switch
- String Gauges (from top to bottom): .009/.011/.016/.024/.032/.042
- Tuning (from top to bottom): 1E,2B,3G,4D,5A,6E