"Some guitars are built for performance, some for aesthetic. These instruments are the best of both worlds... and perhaps the universe!"
Steve Vai is one of the revered few on that short list of players who have changed the way we all think about what a guitar can really do. His signature Ibanez guitars are no different: iconic, sublime, awe-inspiring and outrageous.
The Ibanez JEM/UV Series is a spectacular instrument that features a contoured basswood body and a 5-piece maple and walnut bolt-on neck that provides easy access to all registers. A 24-fret maple fretboard is adorned with a colorful "Tree of Life" pattern inlay and has the high-speed JEM Premium profile that gives Steve Vai the playability he needs.
The JEM77P sports Cosmo Black hardware and includes Steve's "Monkey Grip" handle cut on the body. The JEM77P is loaded with a pair of DiMarzio Gravity Storm humbuckers and a DiMarzio Evolution single-coil in the middle position. This pickup combination with 5-way selector switch features a wide sound variety of great tones needed for modern rock. The acclaimed Edge Zero II tremolo features lower profiled design for playing comfort and locking studs contribute to tuning stability.
- Body Wood: American Basswood
- Finish: Blue Floral Pattern
- Neck Wood: 5-Piece Maple/Walnut
- Neck Shape: Wizard
- Radius: 15.7"
- Fretboard Wood: Maple
- Fretboard Inlays: Tree of Life
- Frets: 24
- Scale Length: 25.5"
- Nut Width: 1.693"
- Nut: Locking
- Bridge: Edge Zero II Double-Locking Tremolo
- Tuners: Ibanez
- Hardware Finish: Cosmo Black
- Neck Pickup: DiMarzio Gravity Storm
- Middle Pickup: DiMarzio Evolution
- Bridge Pickup: DiMarzio Gravity Storm
- Controls: Volume, Tone, 5-Way Switch
- Strings: D'Addario .009-.042
- Case: Gig Bag
- Instrument Weight: 7.8 lbs