Ibanez's Prestige series guitars offer some of the best craftsmanship in the hard rock/metal guitar world. This RG652 is perfect for anyone who wants superior craftsmanship and incredible playability on a shred-ready instrument. Two pickups, great build design, and quality hardware, plain and simple.
The sound of this axe is incendiary. At the heart of the guitar is the tried-and-true Air Norton and Tone Zone DiMarzio set of pickups that Ibanez tends to use on their RGs ranging from Premium to J. Custom, and for good reason - the combination of warmth and clarity in the Air Norton neck and the power and punch of the Tone Zone can cover any genre from jazz to death metal.
The Super Wizard neck has that super fast, comfortable feel that Ibanez has made iconic and perfected over the years. The Prestige-treated fretwork is immaculate. If you need a guitar that won't slow you down, especially in the mid to upper registers, you'll love how this fingerboard responds. Unlike most RGs, this one also features a hardtail bridge for a no-fuss playing experience and awesome tuning stability.
A Prestige Ibanez RG can easily become your next lifelong shredding machine, and this one's no exception.
The Super Wizard 5pc Maple/Walnut neck provides extra-smooth playing. Birdseye Maple has a unique wood grain and features a well-balanced tonal character from low to high end.The Gibraltar Standard II is a simple fixed bridge designed provide optimal transfer of each string's vibration and its smooth surface maximizes playing comfort. A pair of high-output DiMarzio Air Norton™ and The Tone Zone® pickups provides a huge sound with a broad dynamic range. The Gotoh® MG-T locking machine heads achieve incredible tuning stability, cutting down string-changing time.
- top/back/body: Ash body
- neck type: Super Wizard HP5pc Maple/Walnut neck
- fretboard: Bound Birdseye MapleBlack dot inlay
- fret: Jumbo frets
- Scale: 648mm/25.5"
- a : Width 43mm at NUT
- b : Width 58mm at 24F
- c : Thickness 17mm at 1F
- d : Thickness 19mm at 12F
- Radius: 430mmR
- nut: Graph Tech® nut
- hardware color: Cosmo black
- bridge: Gibraltar Standard II bridge
- string space: 10.8mm
- neck pickup: DiMarzio® Air Norton™ (H) neck pickup (Passive/Alnico)
- bridge pickup: DiMarzio® The Tone Zone® (H) bridge pickup (Passive/Alnico)
- Volume, Tone, 5-Way Switch (neck humbucker, neck parallel, both humbuckers, inside coils parallel, bridge humbucker)
- factory tuning: 1E, 2B, 3G, 4D, 5A, 6E
- string gauge: .010/.013/.017/.026/.036/.046
- Case: Hardshell
- Instrument Weight: 8.2 lbs