We've got this hot new item on the way! Reserve yours today to get it as soon as it's available! Feel free to contact us for any additional information.
The RG is the most recognizable and distinctive guitar in the Ibanez line. Three decades of metal have forged this high-performance machine, honing it for both speed and strength. Whether you favor a hardtail (fixed) bridge or our industry-leading locking tremolo system, the RG is a precision instrument.
Ibanez has been creating innovations which do not only fit the unique demands of players from that period, but also eventually turn into industrial standards, such as 7 string, 8 string and Multi scale guitars. All these started from our attitude to be “Innovative, Cutting-Edge and Pioneer”. Axe Design Lab is the series fully represents this attitude.
Ibanez j.custom guitars are manufactured by an elite group of highly skilled luthiers trained in producing instruments of uncompromised quality. The j.custom designation represents every advance in design and technology Ibanez has developed over the decades: the best woods, neck, fret treatments, in-demand pickup, and top-quality hardware. Each is masterfully crafted to the highest standards to ensure unparalleled sound, maximum playability and exquisite beauty.
- Super Wizard AS 5pc Maple/Wenge neck: This Super Wizard AS neck has more rounded shape on the 6th string side, while keeping the overall thickness of Super Wizard – 17mm at nut and 19mm at 12th fret. This asymmetric shape provides more comfortable and stable gripping feel and makes techniques like sweeping and string skipping easier.
- Macassar Ebony fretboard: Macassar Ebony produces tight lows and mid range along with strong attack in the highs and quick response with rich sustain.
- Jumbo frets with j.custom fret edge treatment: The wide and tall fret-type offers a quick response, good articulation when playing chords and clear tone when playing single notes.
The j.custom fret edge treatment provides the ultimate smooth touch around every single fret.
- Selected Flamed Maple top(4mm) / Alder body: Selected Flamed Maple top(4mm) flaunts a beautiful wood grain. The Alder body delivers a well-balanced bright tone, enriched resonance and sustain.
- DiMarzio® PAF® 36th Anniversary (H) / True Velvet™ / The Tone Zone® pickups: The DiMarzio® PAF® 36th Anniversarya soft magnetic field, sweet tone, perfect balance between warmth and clarity, the ability to go from clean to distorted by pick attack alone. The combination with the DiMarzio® True Velvet™ and Tone Zone® pickups offers depth, warmth and rich dynamics.
- Gotoh® machine heads: Gotoh® machine heads provide super precision, smooth feel, and minimal back lush.
- Lo-Pro Edge tremolo: The legendary Lo-Pro Edge bridge offers maximum playing comfort with its streamlined profile and recessed fine tuners. Locking studs contribute to tuning stability.
- Coil-tap switch: The coil tap switch adds sound and tonal variations for both pickups.
- Gotoh® Strap lock pins: Gotoh® Strap lock pins protect your guitar from falling under tough stage performance.
- Hardshell case included: Ibanez Hardshell case gives extreme protection for your beloved instrument.
- Special j.custom Neck: j.custom Super Wizard neck includes jumbo frets finished with our j.custom special fret edge treatment for a super smooth and comfortable performance. The ”Velvetouch” finish on the back of the neck ensures a ”just right” feel and easy playability.
- All Access Neck Joint: All Access Neck Joint offers superior playability at the high frets.
- Chambered body: This Chambered body not only contributes to lighter weight, but also adds just right amount of bottom and clarity which will be preferred by today’s metal players.
- Deep and beveled lower horn scoop: It allows better and multidirectional high fret access.
- Color Name: Black Rutile
- Series: RG
- Country of origin: JAPAN
- Number of Strings: 6
- Neck Type: RG j.custom Super Wizard AS
- Neck Joint: Bolt-on
- Neck Material: 5pc Maple/Wenge
- Neck finish: Satin Polyurethane
- "Neck thickness(1st fret, mm): 17"
- "Neck thickness(12th fret, mm): 19"
- Scale (inch): 25.5
- "Nut width(mm): 43"
- Number of fret: 24
- Fretboard: Macassar Ebony
- "Fretboard Radius(mm): 430"
- Fret Type: Jumbo
- Inlay: Tree of Life
- "Body Top material(For Solid): AAA Flamed Maple (4mm)"
- "Body Material(For Solid): Alder"
- "Body Sides Material(For Acoustic/Hollow): 0"
- Body finish: Gloss Polyester
- Bridge: Lo-Pro Edge
- "String spacing(mm): 10.8"
- Nut: Locking
- Machine Head: Gotoh® machine heads
- Hardware color: Satin Black
- Neck Pickup: DiMarzio® PAF® 36th Anniversary (H)
- Middle Pickup: DiMarzio® True Velvet™ (S)
- Bridge Pickup: DiMarzio® The Tone Zone® (H)
- Controls, Pickup selector: 1 Volume, 1 Tone, 5-way lever switch
- String Gauges (from top to bottom): .009/.011/.016/.024/.032/.042
- Tuning (from top to bottom): 1E,2B,3G,4D,5A,6E
- Included case or bag: Hardshell case included