The RGD is Ibanez's ultimate metal machine. The demands of down-tuning require a specifically designed responsiveness not found in ”normal” guitars. To optimize for the rich, desirable thickness of tone that down-tuning produces, we extended the neck by one inch to a 26.5” scale. Longer-than standard yet not overly long. The neck is still considered a ”fast” neck for speed soloing. Extra-deep cutaways grant comfortable access to the necks highest notes.
There are three principles behind the Ibanez Prestige line: Precision, Performance, and Playability. Prestige combines high-tech manufacturing techniques with old-world Japanese craftsmanship, in order to achieve true innovation in design and construction. The series incorporates ideas and suggestions from musicians from around the world as the cornerstones of the Prestige production process.
- Wizard HP 5pc Maple/Wenge neck: Ibanez's thin, flat and fast Wizard neck is strong and sturdy and offers unlimited playability for demanding players.
- Macassar Ebony fretboard: Macassar Ebony produces tight lows and mid range along with strong attack in the highs and quick response with rich sustain.
- Jumbo frets with Prestige fret edge treatment: The wide and tall fret-type offers a quick response, good articulation when playing chords and clear tone when playing single notes. Prestige Fret Edge Treatment guarantees effortlessly fast playing.
- Basswood body: The Basswood body delivers a natural and flat tone.
- Fishman® Fluence™ Modern Humbucker Ceramic pickups: The Fishman® Fluence™ Modern Humbucker pickups provide an aggressive tone and a powerful attack without excess noise.
- Gotoh® MG-T locking machine heads: The Gotoh® MG-T locking machine heads achieve incredible tuning stability, cutting down string-changing time.
- Mono-rail bridge: Designed for both stability and sustain, the innovative Ibanez Mono-Rail bridge minimizes cross-talk between strings
- Fishman® Fluence™ Voicing switch: The Voicing switch allows the pickups to switch from a modern, active high output sound to a crisp, clean and fluid sound.
- Hardshell case included: Ibanez Hardshell case gives extreme protection for your beloved instrument.
- 26.5 inch scale: Its extra long 26.5” scale and ability to accurately intonate heavier string gauges, make it the perfect beast for down-tuned metal.
- Body Wood: Basswood
- Finish: Polar Lights Flat (Matte)
- Neck Wood: 5-Piece Maple/Walnut
- Neck Shape: Wizard HP
- Construction: Bolt-On
- Radius: 16.9"
- Fretboard Wood: Macassar Ebony
- Fretboard Inlays: Offset White Dots
- Frets: 24 Jumbo
- Scale Length: 26.5"
- Nut Width: 1.692"
- Nut: TUSQ
- Bridge: Ibanez Mono-Rail
- Tuners: Gotoh MG-T Locking
- Neck Pickup: Fishman Fluence Modern Ceramic Humbucker
- Bridge Pickup: Fishman Fluence Modern Ceramic Humbucker
- Controls: Volume, Tone, Fishman Voicing Switching, 3-Way Pickup Switch
- Strings: EXL110 .010-.046
- Case: Prestige Hardshell Case
- Instrument Weight: 7.5 lbs