Ibanez's Prestige S series guitars are made with utmost care and quality in the FujiGen factory in Japan. The revolutionary lightweight and supremely comfortable thin body-shape has become iconic amongst Ibanez's fleet of instruments, and this example is no exception.
This top-of-the-line S6570QNBL in a gorgeous Natural Blue finish over a quilt maple top reminiscent of the Pacific Ocean waters is perfect for anyone who wants superior craftsmanship and incredible playability on a shred-ready instrument. Three pickups, great build design, and quality hardware, plain and simple yet visually stunning and full of class.
At the heart of the guitar is the tried-and-true DiMarzio Air Norton, True Velvet, and Tone Zone DiMarzio set of pickups that Ibanez tends to use on their Prestige series instruments, and for good reason - the combination of warmth and clarity in the Air Norton neck, the spankiness of the True Velvet, and the power and punch of the Tone Zone can cover any genre from jazz to death metal.
The Super Wizard neck has that super fast, comfortable feel that Ibanez has made iconic and perfected over the years. The Prestige-treated fretwork on the frets is immaculate. If you need a guitar that won't slow you down, especially in the mid to upper registers, you'll love how this fingerboard responds. The Lo-Pro Edge bridge is the pinnacle of Gotoh's Edge tremolo design and will stay in tune no matter what sorts of dive bombs and crazy pulls you throw at it.
The cutting edge of Ibanez design, the S series continues to be a marvel of form and function. Its signature body shape - sculpted, lightweight, and mahogany - is stronger and more musically responsive than guitars weighing twice as much. The S series is still a rock 'n' roll version of a quick, graceful, and potentially lethal weapon. The Super Wizard HP profile is the perfect neck for shredders - 17mm thickness at 1st fret and 19mm at the 12th. The DiMarzio® Air Norton™, True Velvet™ and Tone Zone® pickups offer depth, warmth and rich dynamics when combined with the 5-way pickup switch. The legendary Lo-Pro Edge bridge offers maximum playing comfort with its streamlined profile and recessed fine tuners. Locking studs contribute to tuning stability.
- Top: Quilt Maple
- Body: African Mahogany
- neck type: Super Wizard HP 5pc Maple/Walnut neck w/ KTS Titanium Rods
- fretboard: Bound Macassar Ebony fretboard + Off-set white dot inlay
- fret: Jumbo frets + Prestige fret edge treatment
- Scale: 648mm/25.5"
- a : Width 43mm at NUT
- b : Width 58mm at 24F
- c : Thickness 17mm at 1F
- d : Thickness 19mm at 12F
- Radius: 430mmR
- nut: Locking
- Tuners: Gotoh
- hardware color: Cosmo black
- bridge: Lo-Pro Edge Tremolo
- string space: 10.8mm
- neck pickup: DiMarzio® Air Norton™ (H) neck pickup (Passive/Alnico)
- middle pickup: DiMarzio® True Velvet™ (S) middle pickup (Passive/Alnico)
- bridge pickup: DiMarzio® The Tone Zone® (H) bridge pickup (Passive/Alnico)
- Volume, Tone, 5-Way Switch (JEM wiring)
- factory tuning: 1E, 2B, 3G, 4D, 5A, 6E
- string gauge: .009/.011/.016/.024/.032/.042
- Case: Hardshell
- Instrument Weight: 7.7 lbs