For 30 years the SR has given bass players a modern alternative. With its continued popularity, Ibanez is constantly endeavoring to answer the wider needs of a variety of players, at a variety of budgets. But no matter what the specs, the heart is the same-SR continues to excite with its smooth, fast neck, lightweight body, and perfectly matched electronics.
- 5pc Jatoba/Walnut neck: The 5pc Jatoba/Walnut neck provides tonal clarity and superior attack.
- Rosewood fretboard: Rosewood fretboard provides a well-balanced solid tone with a focused mid range.
- Medium frets: Medium sized frets enhance the accuracy of your notes.
- Okoume body: The Okoume body provides a bright and solid sound.
- Bartolini® BH2 pickups: The Bartolini® BH2 pickups provide a tight bottom-end, punchy mid-range, and smooth response. The dual-coil style configuration maximizes articulation and a long blade pole piece widens the magnetic field, providing balanced string-to-string pickup response.
- Ibanez Custom Electronics 3-band EQ: The Ibanez Custom Electronics 3-band EQ is our latest refinement on the concept of simple, straightforward, no-nonsense EQ control. The Boost and Cut for the Mid Control are each centered on slightly different frequencies, an innovation that delivers a preset range of the most favorable bass tones.
- Accu-cast B500 series bridge: The Accu-cast B500 bridge has adjustable saddles for variable string spacing by +/- 1.5mm, answering every bassist’s specific string spacing needs.
- EQ bypass switch (passive tone control on treble pot): The EQ bypass control offers precision tonal adjustments, including a switch to choose passive-only operation. When the EQ bypass is activated, the treble tone control knob becomes the global tone control for the passive circuit.
- 3-way Mid frequency switch: The 3-way Mid frequency switch allow players to change the mid-tone between 250, 450, and 700 Hz.
- Color: BAB
- Color Name: Black Aurora Burst
- Country of origin: INDONESIA
- Number of Strings: 5
- Neck Type: SR5
- Neck Joint: Bolt-on
- Neck Material: 5pc Jatoba/Walnut
- Neck finish: Oil
- Neck thickness @ 1st fret (mm): 19.5
- Neck thickness @ 12th fret (mm): 21.5
- "Nut width(mm): 45"
- Number of fret: 24
- Fretboard Material: Rosewood
- "Fretboard Radius(mm): 305"
- Fret Type: Medium
- Inlay: Abalone oval
- Body Material: Okoume
- Body finish: Gloss Polyurethane
- Bridge: Accu-cast B505
- "String spacing(mm): 16.5"
- Nut: Plastic
- Machine Head: Ibanez machine heads
- Hardware color: Black
- Neck Pickup: Bartolini® BH2
- Bridge Pickup: Bartolini® BH2
- EQ: Ibanez Custom Electronics 3-band EQ
- Controls: 1 Volume, 1 Balancer, Bass, Middle, Treble
- Other Swtiches: EQ bypass switch (passive tone control on treble pot), 3-way Mid frequency switch
- Other item(s) included : Hex wrench
- String Gauges : .045/.065/.085/.105/.130
- Factory Tuning: 1G,2D,3A,4E,5B
- Recommended case: MB300C
- Recommended bag: IBB540-BK