The SRC ”Crossover” sets the pace for this new breed, exploring a vast yet largely unexplored middle ground where the world of bass and guitar converge to create a fresh new spectrum of sound, open to bassists and guitarists alike.
For more than 40 years, Ibanez has pioneered new frontiers in bass development, pushing the boundaries of conventional designs to bass players of all styles, affording new avenues of expression and creativity. This spirit of exploration has led to the creation of some of the most successful and popular production basses of all time. Following this same drive to bring new and relevant ideas to the musical forefront is what serves as the basis for this ongoing project, dubbed the Ibanez Bass Workshop. The impetus behind each one of these unique instruments comes from a desire by the Ibanez bass development team to satisfy the particular needs of many players. These inventions may not be for everyone, but for those who yearn to explore new sonic vistas through the medium of bass: The Ibanez Bass Workshop project may give you just what you're looking for.
- 5pc Jatoba/Walnut neck: The 5pc Jatoba/Walnut neck provides tonal clarity and superior attack.
- Rosewood fretboard: Rosewood fretboard provides a wellbalanced solid tone with a focused mid range.
- Medium frets: Medium sized frets enhance the accuracy of your notes.
- Okoume body: The Okoume body provides a bright and solid sound.
- Bartolini® BH2 pickups: The Bartolini® BH2 pickups provide a tight bottomend, punchy midrange, and smooth response. The dualcoil style configuration maximizes articulation and a long blade pole piece widens the magnetic field, providing balanced stringtostring pickup response.
- Ibanez Custom Electronics 3band EQ: The Ibanez Custom Electronics 3band EQ is our latest refinement on the concept of simple, straightforward, nononsense EQ control. The Boost and Cut for the Mid Control are each centered on slightly different frequencies, an innovation that delivers a preset range of the most favorable bass tones.
- Monorail bridge: Designed for both stability and sustain, the innovative Ibanez MonoRail bridge minimizes crosstalk between strings
- EQ bypass switch (passive tone control on treble pot): The EQ bypass control offers precision tonal adjustments, including a switch to choose passiveonly operation. When the EQ bypass is activated, the treble tone control knob becomes the global tone control for the passive circuit.
- 3way Mid frequency switch: The 3way Mid frequency switch allow players to change the midtone between 250, 450, and 700 Hz.
- Multi scale: The multi scale construction equalizes tension of each string and it helps to create a more ”alive”, open tone. But the design also improves player comfort. The multi scale construction ergonomically coordinates with the way a player's hand angles as it moves up and down the neck, facilitating quick, comfortable playing action.
- Color: BLL
- Color Name: Black Stained Burst Low Gloss
- Country of origin: INDONESIA
- Number of Strings: 6
- Neck Type: SRC6
- Neck Joint: Bolt-on
- Neck Material: 5pc Jatoba/Walnut
- Neck finish: Oil
- Neck thickness @ 1st fret (mm): 19.5
- Neck thickness @ 12th fret (mm): 21.5
- "Nut width(mm): 42"
- Fretboard Material: Rosewood
- "Fretboard Radius(mm): 400"
- Fret Type: Medium
- Inlay: Abalone Step off-set dot
- Body Material: Okoume
- Body finish: Satin Polyurethane
- Bridge: Mono-rail
- "String spacing(mm): 10.8"
- Nut: Plastic
- Machine Head: Ibanez machine heads
- Hardware color: Cosmo black
- Neck Pickup: Bartolini® BH2
- Bridge Pickup: Bartolini® BH2
- EQ: Ibanez Custom Electronics 3-band EQ
- Controls: 1 Volume, 1 Balancer, Bass, Middle, Treble
- Other Swtiches: EQ bypass switch (passive tone control on treble pot), 3-way Mid frequency switch
- Other item(s) included : Hex wrench
- String Gauges : .024/.034/.044/.056/.072/.084
- Factory Tuning: 1E,2B,3G,4D,5A,6E