The UB's design (34” scale length) allows for a smooth transition from bass guitar to this particular upright. Its conical compound fingerboard radius perfectly facilitates smooth bowing and fast plucking. The compact Maple body was designed to balance form and function, resulting in a bass that provides outstanding visuals and incredible playability. Despite its compact body, the UB does not sacrifice acoustic tone, projecting a robust natural sound. The smaller body also allows for quick and easy transport.
For more than 40 years, Ibanez has pioneered new frontiers in bass development, pushing the boundaries of conventional designs to bass players of all styles, affording new avenues of expression and creativity. This spirit of exploration has led to the creation of some of the most successful and popular production basses of all time. Following this same drive to bring new and relevant ideas to the musical forefront is what serves as the basis for this ongoing project, dubbed the Ibanez Bass Workshop. The impetus behind each one of these unique instruments comes from a desire by the Ibanez bass development team to satisfy the particular needs of many players. These inventions may not be for everyone, but for those who yearn to explore new sonic vistas through the medium of bass: The Ibanez Bass Workshop project may give you just what you're looking for.
- 5pc Maple/Walnut neck: The 5pc Maple/Walnut neck provides tonal clarity and superior attack.
- Jatoba fretboard: Jatoba has a reddish brown color and produces a rich mid range with a crisp high end.
- Maple wing body: The Maple wing body offers a bright and clear sound.
- AeroSilk piezo pickup: The custom bridge contains the magic of the AeroSilk Piezo system to provide that sense of ”air” that characterizes upright sound.
- Piezo active tone control: The Piezo active tone control was designed for the AeroSilk Piezo.
- Custom AeroSilk MR5 bridge: The AeroSilk MR5 bridge has unique saddles which are specifically designed to work in concert with the piezo pickups to enhance the acoustic ”upright” quality of the tone. It is customed perfectly for both finger / bow play style.
- Gig bag included (UB): A padded gig bag can carry everything in it, including the bass itself, bow and stand.
- TAMA® Roadpro stand custom for Upright included
- Color: MOB
- Color Name: Mahogany Oil Burst
- Country of origin: INDONESIA
- Number of Strings: 5
- Fretless: Fretless
- Neck Type: UB5
- Neck Joint: Neckthrough
- Neck Material: 5pc Maple/Walnut
- Neck finish: Satin Polyurethane
- Neck thickness @ 1st fret (mm): 35
- Neck thickness @ 12th fret (mm): 42
- "Nut width(mm): 42"
- Fretboard Material: Jatoba
- "Fretboard Radius(mm): Conical Compound"
- Inlay: White dot
- Body Material: Maple wing
- Body finish: Satin Polyurethane
- Bridge: Custom AeroSilk MR5
- "String spacing(mm): 23.5"
- Nut: Plastic
- Machine Head: Ibanez machine heads
- Hardware color: Black
- Other Pickup: AeroSilk piezo
- EQ: Piezo active tone control
- Controls: 1 Volume, 1 Tone
- Other item(s) included : TAMA® Roadpro stand, Hex wrench
- String Gauges : .045/.065/.080/.100/.132
- Factory Tuning: 1G,2D,3A,4E,5B
- Included case or bag: Gig bag included (UB)