When Jackson announced these late last year, we were stoked - finally, a new USA-made, production-line Soloist!
Lean, mean, and equipped to scream, this Soloist brings to the forefront everything that makes the storied model great. The classic S-style shape, the neck-through construction, a genuine Floyd Rose that stays in tune for days, a set of high-output Seymour Duncan pickups, the iconic mother of pearl sharkfin inlays... it's all here, and made in the good ol' U.S. of A.
The Seymour Duncan pickups in question are a JB in the bridge and an SSL-6 "Custom" in the neck and middle. The JB is one of Seymour's most popular and iconic pickups, and is not only high-output but also has a very distinct and powerful midrange characteristic that makes it perfect for high-gain settings, killing anything from classic '80s glam leads to modern shred and djent-y riffage. The neck and middle SSL-6s have the output to match it and sound very warm, thick, and powerful under gain, but retain just enough chime to sound reminiscent of your favorite "S"-type in the in-between positions. Overall, these pickups are built to rock, no questions asked.
The Jackson neck profile is the perfect balance of shred-friendly while still having juuust enough meat to not feel like an absolute toothpick. Here at the shop, the .70 to .80 range is a very agreed-upon range of thickness for this balance, and we love how the neck feels with the smooth ebony fretboard. And the Floyd Rose they chose for this guitar in conjunction with the Gotoh locking tuners and rock-solid Floyd Rose locking nut stay in tune for days. This setup is prepared for any dive bombs and wild pulls you throw at it!
This is simply an awesome American Jackson Soloist - we highly recommend checking this one out!
- Body Shape: Soloist
- Body Wood: Alder
- Body Finish: Satin Slime Green
- Headstock: Jackson Pointed 6-In-Line
- Neck Material: 3-Piece Maple
- Neck Finish: Gloss Color Matched
- Neck Construction: Neck-Through-Body with Graphite Reinforcement
- Neck Thickness: .755 @ 3rd - .815 @ 12th
- Fingerboard Radius: 12"-16" Compound Radius (304.8 mm to 406.4 mm)
- Fingerboard Material: Ebony
- Position Inlays: Inverted Mother of Pearl Sharkfin
- Side Dots: Luminlay
- Number of Frets: 24
- Truss Rod: Dual-Action with Wheel
- String Nut: Floyd Rose R3 Locking
- Nut Width: 1.6875" (42.86 mm)
- Nut Material: Floyd Rose R3 Locking
- Bridge: Floyd Rose 1500 Series Double-Locking Tremolo
- Pickup Covers: Black
- Control Knobs: Dome-Style
- Switch Tip: Black
- Hardware Finish: Black
- Tuning Machines: Gotoh MG-T Locking
- Tremolo Arm: Floyd Rose 1500 Series Locking
- Strap Buttons: Dunlop Dual-Locking
- Bridge Pickup: Seymour Duncan JB TB-4
- Middle Pickup: Seymour Duncan Flat Strat SSL-6 RWRP Single-Coil
- Neck Pickup: Seymour Duncan Flat Strat SSL-6 Single-Coil
- Pickup Configuration: HSS
- Controls: Volume, Tone Switching: 5-Position Blade: Position 1. Bridge Pickup, Position 2. Outer Coil of
- Bridge and Middle Pickup, Position 3. Neck and Bridge inner Coil, Position 4. Neck and Middle Pickup, Position 5. Neck Pickup
- Softshell Case
- Strings: Nickel Plated Steel (.009-.042 Gauges)
- Instrument Weight: 8.1 lbs