Jackson Guitars JS Series Spectra Bass Guitar JS3V, 5-String, Laurel Fingerboard, Satin Black
The JS Series Spectra Bass JS3V is an all-new 5-string leviathan instrument where versatile style and enormous sound collide.
The brand-new offset body style was designed with the artist in mind. The poplar body with large upper horn evenly distributes weight throughout the instrument, providing perfect balance by reducing neck dive for hours of comfortable playing.
A graphite-reinforced bolt-on maple neck with scarf joint design generates formidable sustain, while the speed neck contour and 12"-16" compound radius laurel fingerboard (with 24 frets) make for lightning-fast playability.
The Spectra Bass JS3V provides a sound that is as unique as the bassist playing it. Whether it be funk, hard rock or gospel, dual passive Jackson medium-output humbucking pickups create a monstrous low-end growl, while a HiMass™ bridge provides rock-solid stability, improved sustain and bolder tone. Tone can be further refined and tweaked with a two-way toggle switch for pickup coil splitting, 3-band EQ (active only), blend control and volume control (with push/pull selector to bypass or engage the active circuit for the 3-band EQ). With the push/pull selector, you’ll never have to fear a battery running out and losing sound. A quick pull on the volume knob will bypass the active circuit, making it easy to regain sound from the bass without the use of battery power.
Highly affordable, the 35”-scale Spectra Bass JS3V comes in Satin Black, Silverburst or Walnut Stain with black nickel hardware and a unique Jackson 3x2 headstock with an understated J logo.
NEW OFFSET BODY SHAPE WITH LARGER UPPER HORN
The large upper horn evenly distributes weight throughout these instruments, providing perfect balance for hours of comfortable playing by reducing neck dive.
ACTIVE THREE-BAND EQ
An active tone control circuit that equalizes low, mid and high frequencies or bass, middle and treble.
- Series: JS Series
- Color: Satin Black
- Number of Strings: 5
- Orientation: Right-Hand
- Body Finish: Satin
- Body Shape: Spectra
- Body Material: Poplar
- Strings: Nickel Plated Steel .045-.130 Gauges
- Neck Construction: 1-Piece Maple
- Neck Finish: Satin
- Neck Binding: White
- Scale Length: 35" (889 mm)
- Fingerboard Radius: 12"-16" Compound Radius (304.8 mm to 406.4 mm)
- Fingerboard Material: Laurel
- Number of Frets: 24
- Fret Size: Jumbo
- Nut Width: 1.75" (44.45 mm)
- Position Inlays: White Dot
- Truss Rod Nut: Truss Rod Adjustment at Nut
- Headstock: Unique Jackson® 3x2 (3 over, 2 under)
- Neck Plate: None
- Bridge: Jackson® HiMass™
- Hardware Finish: Black Nickel
- Tuning Machines: Jackson® Sealed Die-Cast
- Pickguard: None
- Pickup Covers: Black
- Control Knobs: Dome-Style
- Bridge Pickup: Jackson® Medium-Output Humbucking
- Neck Pickup: Jackson® Medium-Output Humbucking
- Controls: Volume (Push/Pull Selector for Active/Passive option), Blend, 3-Band EQ (Active Only)
- Pickup Switching: 2-Way Toggle Switch (Coil Split)
- Configuration: HH