Jackson Guitars X Series Kelly KEX Electric Guitar, Laurel Fingerboard, Gloss Black
Armed with a slab top, electrifying angular shape and lightning-fast neck, X Series Kelly™ models exude metal sophistication, while also delivering massive sound and reliable performance at an exceptional value.
The KEX features lightwood and resonant basswood body-wings, one-piece through-body maple neck with graphite reinforcement and scarf joint, and a 12”-16” compound radius rosewood fingerboard with 24 jumbo frets and pearloid sharkfin inlays.
Ready to roar, the KEX is also equipped with a pair of volcanic Jackson high-output humbucking pickups, single volume and tone controls, three-way toggle switch and a Floyd Rose® Special double-locking tremolo system, providing amazing tone, exceptional dynamic response and reliable performance.
The KEX is available in Satin Black with eye-catching gold hardware and white binding along the body, neck and Jackson® pointed 6-in-line headstock.
JACKSON HIGH-OUTPUT HUMBUCKING PICKUPS
These Jackson high-output humbucking pickups are painstakingly voiced for full, rich tone while providing maximum overdrive and sustain.
ONE-PIECE MAPLE NECK-THROUGH-BODY WITH GRAPHITE REINFORCEMENT AND SCARF JOINT
True neck-through-body construction has been a Jackson hallmark since 1980, allowing for greater playability and sustain. Neck-through is a method of guitar construction which involves extending the piece of wood(maple) used for the neck through the entire length of the body. Graphite reinforcement rods flanking the truss rod provide even more neck stability to help the instrument withstand the rigors of the road.
- Model Number: 2916131503
- Series: X Series
- Color: Gloss Black
- Number of Strings: 6
- Orientation: Right-Hand
- Body Finish: Gloss
- Body Shape: Kelly™
- Body Material: Poplar
- Body Binding: White
- Strings: Nickel Plated Steel, .009-.042 Gauges
- Neck Construction: 1-Piece Maple
- Neck Finish: Gloss
- Neck Binding: White
- Scale Length: 25.5" (648 mm)
- Fingerboard Radius: 12"-16" Compound Radius (304.8 mm to 406.4 mm)
- Fingerboard Material: Laurel
- Number of Frets: 24
- Fret Size: Jumbo
- Nut Width: 1.6875" (42.86 mm)
- Position Inlays: Pearloid Sharkfin
- Truss Rod Nut: Truss Rod Adjustment at Nut
- Headstock: Jackson® Pointed 6-In-Line
- Neck Plate: None
- Bridge: Floyd Rose® Special Double-Locking Tremolo (Recessed)
- Hardware Finish: Gold
- Tuning Machines: Jackson® Sealed Die-Cast
- Pickguard: None
- Pickup Covers: White
- Control Knobs: Dome-Style
- Switch Tip: Cream
- Bridge Pickup: Jackson® High-Output Humbucking
- Neck Pickup: Jackson® High-Output Humbucking
- Controls: Master Volume, Master Tone
- Pickup Switching: 3-Position Toggle: Position 1. Bridge Pickup, Position 2. Bridge and Neck Pickups, Position 3. Neck Pickup
- Configuration: HH