The Jackson team and acclaimed djent architect Misha Mansoor once again teamed up for the brand-new MJ Series Signature Misha Mansoor So-Cal 2PT. The MJ Series blends Jackson’s world- renowned legacy of designing high-performance instruments with an assortment of top-tier features. And with the Periphery guitarist bringing his progressive elements to the table, the results were sure to be stunningly wild.
The lightweight basswood So-Cal body is paired to a bolt-on caramelized maple neck with rock-solid graphite reinforcement to withstand the rigors of the road and an oiled back finish for that smooth playing feel. The speed neck is topped with a 20”-radius caramelized flame maple fingerboard with comfortable rolled edges, 22 jumbo stainless steel frets and white dot inlays outlined in black. Glow-in-the-dark Luminlay® side dots provide exceptional fretboard guidance on the darkest of stages, while a heel-mount truss rod adjustment wheel allows for quick neck tweaks on the go.
The Bare Knuckle Ragnarok humbucking bridge and Bare Knuckle Trilogy single-coil middle and neck pickups radiate with aggressive, muscular tone with a slightly compressed vintage twang. This instrument’s versatile voice can be explored with a five-way pickup blade switch and single volume and tone controls.
A premium Gotoh® Custom 510 tremolo system, Graph Tech® TUSQ® XL nut and Gotoh die-cast locking tuning machines combine for smooth and effortless dynamic tremolo action with outstanding tuning stability.
A classic beauty, the MJ Series Signature Misha Mansoor So-Cal 2PT comes in Daphne Blue with color matched licensed Fender® Strat® headstock, white pickguard, parchment skirt-style control knobs and chrome hardware.
- 25.5” scale length
- Basswood So-Cal body
- Bolt-on caramelized maple neck with graphite reinforcement and oiled back finish
- 20”-radius caramelized flame maple fingerboard with rolled edges, 22 jumbo stainless steel frets and white dot inlays outlined in black
- Luminlay® side dots
- Heel-mount truss rod adjustment wheel
- Bare Knuckle Ragnarok humbucking bridge and Bare Knuckle Trilogy single-coil middle and neck pickups with parchment bobbins
- Five-position pickup blade switch, single volume control and single tone control
- Parchment skirt-styled knobs
- Gotoh® Custom 510 tremolo system and Gotoh die-cast locking tuners
- Graph Tech® TUSQ® XL nut
- Dunlop® dual-locking strap buttons
- Horizon Devices Strings - Progressive Tension Standard 6
- Available in a Daphne Blue finish with color matched licensed Fender® Strat® headstock, white pickguard and chrome hardware
- Foam core case included
20"-Radius Caramelized Flame Maple Fingerboard
The higher the radius, the flatter the fretboard. A traditionally classical guitar styled fingerboard, this 20”-radius is wicket flat, perfect for endless bends without any vibration hindrance. The caramelized flame maple fingerboard has been roasted for increased stability, exquisite style with beautiful grain definition and smoother playability for crystal clear, bright tones.
Bare Knuckle Ragnarock Humbucking Bridge and Bare Knuckle Trilogy Single-Coil Middle and Neck Pickups
A Bare Knuckle Ragnarok humbucker in the bridge snarls with chunky tone that is tight and aggressive but still possesses a shimmering top end. Bare Knuckle Trilogy single-coil pickups in the middle and neck positions are high-output pickups that rip with a muscley attitude similar to P-90s.
- Body Material: Basswood
- Body Finish: Gloss
- Body Shape: So-Cal
- Number of Strings: 6
- Neck Material: Caramelized Maple
- Neck Construction: Bolt-On with Graphite Reinforcement
- Neck Binding: None - Rolled Fingerboard Edges
- Neck Finish: Oiled
- Scale Length: 25.5" (648 mm)
- Fingerboard Material: Caramelized Maple
- Fingerboard Radius: 20" (508 mm)
- Number of Frets: 22
- Fret Size: Jumbo
- Nut Material: Graph Tech® TUSQ® XL
- Nut Width: 1.6875" (42.86 mm)
- Position Inlays: White With Black Outer Ring
- Side Dots: Luminlay®
- Truss Rod Nut: Heel-Mount Truss Rod Adjustment Wheel
- Bridge Pickup: Bare Knuckle Ragnarok
- Middle Pickup: Bare Knuckle Trilogy Suite Single Coil Strat®
- Neck Pickup: Bare Knuckle Trilogy Suite Single Coil Strat®
- Controls: Volume, Tone
- Switching: 5-Position Blade: Position 1. Full Bridge Pickup, Position 2. Bridge Inner Coil and Middle Pickup, Position 3. Bridge Outer Coil and Neck Pickup, Position 4. Middle and Neck Pickup, Position 5. Full Neck Pickup
- Configuration: HSS
- Bridge: Gotoh® Custom 510 Tremolo
- Hardware Finish: Chrome
- Tuning Machines: Gotoh® Die-Cast Locking
- Pickguard: 1-Ply White
- Control Knobs: Skirted White Plastic with Numbered Indicators
- Switch Tip: Parchment
- Strings: Horizon Devices Strings - Progressive Tension Standard 6
- Case/Gig Bag: Included Jackson® Foam Core Case (p/n: 2994742100)
- Instrument Weight: 7.5 lbs