With his dazzling thrash fretwork, former Megadeth and current Act of Defiance and In Flames guitarist Chris Broderick is heralded as an exacting and modern metal master.
When Broderick first came to Jackson® to design his own signature model, he had clear demands in mind for his take on the venerable Soloist™. Finding a more-than-willing partner up for the challenge, Broderick coined the longstanding high-performance guitar giant as the “company that could.” The results of the collaboration are sophisticated riffing machines loaded with the premium features needed to keep up with the most demanding music produced today.
The Jackson® Pro Series Signature Chris Broderick Soloist™ 7P features a 25.5” scale length, resonant mahogany body with arched poplar burl top and a through-body maple neck with scarf joint and graphite reinforcement for rock-solid stability and enhanced sustain. Its 12”-radius bound laurel fingerboard with 24 jumbo frets is ideal for all playing styles, comfortable for both low riffing and soaring leads.
Contemporary guitarists require tonal versatility and punchy clarity to keep pace with the rapid twists and turns of today’s metal. Direct mount DiMarzio® Chris Broderick signature humbucking bridge and neck pickups deliver powerful clear harmonics with accentuated pick attack and tight lows for versatile tone, from heavy chording to searing solos. The volume control conceals a push/pull switch for coil-splitting, unlocking even more tonal options while the tone control’s push/pull switch enables the tone circuit. Switch between pickup combinations with a three-way toggle, while a mini-toggle kill switch allows for the stuttering effects that have become integral in modern metal. Other features include stylish fingerboard and headstock binding, a Floyd Rose® Special 7-string double-locking tremolo, Jackson die-cast tuners and Dunlop® locking strap buttons.
Wrapped in a standout Transparent Blue finish with matching reverse Jackson AT-1 3x4 headstock and black hardware, this pedigreed metal machine is a force to be reckoned with.
- 25.5”-scale, 7-string guitar
- Mahogany body with poplar burl arched top
- Through-body maple neck with graphite reinforcement, scarf joint and gloss color matched back finish
- 12”-radius bound laurel fingerboard with 24 jumbo frets
- Single-ply black neck binding
- Direct mount DiMarzio® CB7 bridge and neck humbucking pickups
- Single volume control with push/pull coil split, single tone control with push/pull tone kill, three-position pickup toggle switch and two-way mini-toggle kill switch
- Floyd Rose® Special 7-string double-locking tremolo bridge system
- Jackson® sealed die-cast tuners and Dunlop® dual-locking strap buttons
- Available in Transparent Blue with color matched reverse Jackson AT-1 3x4 headstock and black hardware
Poplar Burl Top
The poplar burl top adds upper midrange as well as a stunning and uniquely figured top that pairs wonderfully with a variety of transparent finishes.
DiMarzio® CB7 Bridge and Neck Humbucking Pickups
Built for metal from the ground up, the direct mount DiMarzio® CB7 humbucking pickups were custom-designed by Chris Broderick to produce high gain, low noise, and uncompromising tone.
- Body Material: Mahogany
- Body Finish: Gloss
- Body Shape: Soloist™
- Number of Strings: 7
- Neck Material: Maple
- Neck Construction: Neck-Through-Body with Graphite Reinforcement and Scarf Joint
- Neck Binding: Black
- Neck Finish: Gloss Color Matched
- Scale Length: 25.5" (648 mm)
- Fingerboard Material: Laurel
- Fingerboard Radius: 12" (305 mm)
- Number of Frets: 24
- Fret Size: Jumbo
- Nut Material: Floyd Rose® Locking
- Nut Width: 1.875" (47.6 mm)
- Position Inlays: None
- Truss Rod Nut: Truss Rod Adjustment at Nut
- Bridge Pickup: Direct Mount DiMarzio® Chris Broderick CB7
- Neck Pickup: Direct Mount DiMarzio® Chris Broderick CB7
- Controls: Volume, Tone
- Switching: 3-Position Toggle: Position 1. Bridge Pickup, Position 2. Bridge And Neck Pickups, Position 3. Neck Pickup
- Configuration: HH
- Auxillary Switching: 2-Position Mini-Toggle Kill Switch, Push/Pull Volume Coil Split, Push/Pull Tone Kill
- Bridge: Floyd Rose® Special 7-String Double-Locking Tremolo (Recessed)
- Hardware Finish: Black
- Tuning Machines: Jackson® Sealed Die-Cast
- Control Knobs: Dome-Style
- Switch Tip: Black
- Strings: Nickel Plated Steel (.010-.054 Gauges)
- Case/Gig Bag: Optional Jackson® Broderick SKB® Hardshell (p/n 299-6106-506)