Jackson Pro Series Soloist SL7 Guitar, Ebony Fingerboard, Gloss Black
For those looking to expand their sonic palette, the fine minds at Jackson melded innovative design, superior sound, high-performance playability and ultra-modern style to create its 7-string Soloist models.
A purebred and ergonomic shred machine, the Pro SL7 guitar features a 25.5" scale, resonant mahogany body and one-piece through-body maple neck with graphite reinforcement and scarf joint for rock-solid stability and playing comfort. Hosting 24 jumbo frets and piranha tooth inlays, the bound 12”-16” compound radius ebony fingerboard is designed for highly technical lightspeed playing—more curved by the nut for comfortable chording, it flattens out as you move up the neck for increasingly fast playing speed and wide bends without fretting out.
Chosen specifically for their complementary sound, a pair of Seymour Duncan® SH-6 7 pickups drives this guitar’s versatile sound—combining for highly balanced, flexible tone, with plenty of high output for pristine cleans and snarling distortion. Single volume and tone controls shape the pickups’ output, which can be further refined with the five-position blade switch for the precise voice required to bring your musical vision to life. Dive and soar expressively with the Floyd Rose® 1000 Series double-locking tremolo system, recessed for pick hand comfort and providing laser-accurate intonation and ultra-stable tuning.
Jackson has a history of adding striking style to its high-performance instruments, and this axe is no exception. The brooding all-black hardware wears well, refusing to show the rigors of the road it may encounter while the durable Satin Black finish and Jackson’s signature pointed 7-in-line headstock establish this instrument’s unmistakable pedigree. Innovative, lightning fast, monstrous-sounding and more than easy on the eyes, the Pro Series Soloist SL7 is the perfect match for modern metal musicians.
DIRECT MOUNT SEYMOUR DUNCAN® SH-6 7 DISTORTION HUMBUCKING PICKUPS (BRIDGE AND NECK)
The SH6 Distortion bridge pickup features a massive ceramic magnet and hot coil windings to deliver full-bodied rock and metal tones with powerful upper mids for extra cut and grind. It’s great for hard-hitting, crunchy rhythms, and the lead tones scream with wild harmonics. The SH6 Distortion neck pickup is the perfect partner for complementary lead and rhythm tones. The pickups are mounted to the body for increased resonance and vibration transfer, adding more punch and sustain to your sound.
FLOYD ROSE® 1000 SERIES DOUBLE-LOCKING TREMOLO (RECESSED)
The highly innovative Floyd Rose® tremolo system has been a key feature in guitars since the early 1980s. Recessed for picking-hand comfort, the Floyd Rose 1000 series bridge is a professional-grade double-locking design that secures the strings in the saddle and nut, providing ultimate tuning stability.
- MODEL NUMBER: 2914227503
- SERIES: Pro Series
- COLOR: Gloss Black
- NUMBER OF STRINGS: 7
- ORIENTATION: Right-Hand
- BODY FINISH: Gloss
- BODY SHAPE: Soloist™
- BODY MATERIAL: Mahogany
- NECK CONSTRUCTION: 1-Piece Maple
- NECK FINISH: Oiled
- NECK BINDING: White
- SCALE LENGTH: 25.5" (648 mm)
- FINGERBOARD RADIUS: 12"-16" Compound Radius (304.8 mm to 406.4 mm)
- FINGERBOARD MATERIAL: Ebony
- NUMBER OF FRETS: 24
- FRET SIZE: Jumbo
- NUT WIDTH: 1.875" (47.6 mm)
- POSITION INLAYS: Piranha Tooth (Small Sharkfin)
- TRUSS ROD NUT: Truss Rod Adjustment at Nut
- HEADSTOCK: Jackson® Pointed 7-In-Line (Reverse on Gloss Black only)
- NECK PLATE: None
- BRIDGE: Floyd Rose® 1000 Series Double-Locking Tremolo (Recessed)
- HARDWARE FINISH: Chrome
- TUNING MACHINES: Jackson® Sealed Die-Cast
- PICKGUARD: None
- PICKUP COVERS: Black
- CONTROL KNOBS: Dome-Style
- SWITCH TIP: Black
- BRIDGE PICKUP: Direct Mount Seymour Duncan® SH6-7 Distortion Humbucking
- NECK PICKUP: Direct Mount Seymour Duncan® SH6-7 Distortion Humbucking
- CONTROLS: Master Volume, Master Tone
- PICKUP SWITCHING: 5-Position Blade: Position 1. Bridge Full Humbucker, Position 2. Bridge Inner Coil, Position 3. Both Inner Coils, Position 4. Neck Inner Coil Position 5. Neck Full Humbucker
- CONFIGURATION: HH
- STRINGS: Nickel Plated Steel, .009-.054 Gauges