Armed with a slab top, electrifying angular shape and lightning-fast neck, X Series Kelly™ models exude metal sophistication, while also delivering massive sound and reliable performance at an exceptional value.
The X Series Kelly KEXQ features lightweight and resonant poplar body-wings with a gorgeous quilt maple top. Its through-body maple neck has a scarf joint and graphite reinforcement for rock-solid stability that guards against climate and humidity changes. Built for blazing playing speeds and comfort, the 12”-16” compound radius laurel fingerboard hosts 24 jumbo frets and pearloid sharkfin inlays.
A pair of volcanic Jackson® high-output humbucking bridge and neck pickups give the KEXQ plenty of tonal girth with searing high end and crystal clear mids. Tone is customizable with a three-way toggle switch and single volume and tone controls, while a Floyd Rose® Special double-locking tremolo system provides superior string stability and dynamic tremolo action.
A metal-worthy axe, the KEXQ is available in a gloss Cherry Burst finish with chrome hardware and white binding along the body, neck and Jackson pointed 6-in-line black headstock.
This metal-worthy axe is available in a Cherry Burst finish with white binding and chrome hardware or in a new sophisticated Transparent Green finish with white binding and black hardware. Both models feature a Jackson pointed 6-in-line black headstock.
QUILT MAPLE TOP
A beautiful figured maple of distorted flatsawn wood grain patterns that create a one-of-a-kind water-like appearance.
JACKSON HIGH-OUTPUT HUMBUCKING PICKUPS
These Jackson high-output humbucking pickups are painstakingly voiced for full, rich tone while providing maximum overdrive and sustain.
- Model Number: 2919904587
- Series: X
- Color: Transparent Green
- Number of Strings: 6
- Orientation: Right-Hand
- Body Finish: Gloss
- Body Shape: Kelly™
- Body Material: Poplar
- Body Binding: White
- Body Top: Quilt Maple
- Neck Material: Maple
- Neck Construction: Neck-Through-Body with Graphite Reinforcement and Scarf Joint
- Neck Finish: Gloss
- Neck Binding: White
- Scale Length: 25.5" (648 mm)
- Fingerboard Radius: 12"-16" Compound Radius (304.8 mm to 406.4 mm)
- Fingerboard Material: Laurel
- Number of Frets: 24
- Fret Size: Jumbo
- Nut Material: Floyd Rose® Special Locking
- Nut Width: 1.6875" (42.86 mm)
- Position Inlays: Pearloid Sharkfin
- Truss Rod NutP: Truss Rod Adjustment at Nut
- Truss Rod Wrench: Yes
- Headstock: Jackson® Pointed 6-In-Line
- Neck Plate: None
- Bridge: Floyd Rose® Special Double-Locking Tremolo (Recessed)
- Hardware Finish: Black
- Tremolo Arm: Floyd Rose® Special
- Tuning Machines: Jackson® Sealed Die-Cast
- Pickguard: None
- Control Knobs: Dome-Style
- Switch Tip: Black
- Bridge Pickup: Jackson® High-Output Humbucking
- Neck Pickup: Jackson® High-Output Humbucking
- Pickup Color: Black
- Controls: Volume, Tone
- Pickup Switching: 3-Position Toggle: Position 1. Bridge Pickup, Position 2. Bridge and Neck Pickups, Position 3. Neck Pickup
- Configuration: HH
- Strings: Nickel Plated Steel (.009-.042 Gauges)
- Strap Buttons: Standard