Boasting an electrifying offset angular shape and lightning-fast neck, X Series Kelly™ models exude metal sophistication, while also delivering massive sound and reliable performance at an exceptional value.
The all-new X Series Kelly KEXS features lightweight and resonant mahogany body-wings with a unique shattered mirror top. Its through-body maple neck features a scarf joint and graphite reinforcement for solid stability even under environmental and climate duress, while the 12”-16” compound radius bound laurel fingerboard with 24 jumbo frets is the ideal surface for comfortable, fast and intricate playing.
This axe is equipped with volcanic Jackson® high-output humbucking bridge and neck pickups that erupt with a fiery high end for blistering hard rock runs or heavy metal riffing. Tone can be altered with a three-way pickup toggle switch and single volume and tone controls, while a Floyd Rose® Special double-locking tremolo system provides superior string stability and dynamic tremolo action.
Boasting sensational style, the X Series Kelly KEXS features a wicked Shattered Mirror finish with matching Jackson pointed 6-in-line headstock, white body binding, mirror sharkfin inlays and black hardware.
- 25.5” scale length
- Mahogany body-wings with shattered mirror top
- Through-body maple neck with graphite reinforcement and scarf joint
- 12”-16” compound radius bound laurel fingerboard with 24 jumbo frets and mirror sharkfin inlays
- Dual Jackson high-output humbucking pickups
- Three-way position switch, single volume control and single tone control
- Floyd Rose® Special double-locking tremolo bridge system
- Jackson sealed die-cast tuners and standard strap buttons
- Available in Shattered Mirror with matching Jackson pointed 6-in-line headstock, white binding and black hardware
Jackson High-Output Humbucking Pickups
Jackson high-output humbucking bridge and neck pickups are painstakingly voiced for full, rich tone while providing maximum overdrive and sustain.
Cracked Mirror Top and Headstock
Taking this instrument to the style extreme, the body top and pointy headstock feature a cracked mirror top.
- Body Material: Mahogany
- Body Finish: Gloss
- Body Shape: Kelly™
- Body Binding: White
- Number of Strings: 6
- Neck Material: Maple
- Neck Construction: Neck-Through-Body with Graphite Reinforcement and Scarf Joint
- Neck Binding: White
- Neck Finish: Gloss Black
- Scale Length: 25.5" (648 mm)
- Fingerboard Material: Laurel
- Fingerboard Radius: 12"-16" Compound Radius (304.8 mm to 406.4 mm)
- Number of Frets: 24
- Fret Size: Jumbo
- Nut Material: Floyd Rose® Special Locking
- Nut Width: 1.6875" (42.86 mm)
- Position Inlays: Pearloid Sharkfin
- Truss Rod: Dual-Action Head Adjust
- Truss Rod Nut: Truss Rod Adjustment at Nut
- Bridge Pickup: Jackson® High-Output Humbucking
- Neck Pickup: Jackson® High-Output Humbucking
- Controls: Volume, Tone
- Switching: 3-Position Toggle: Position 1. Bridge Pickup, Position 2. Bridge and Neck Pickups, Position 3. Neck Pickup
- Configuration: HH
- Bridge: Floyd Rose® Special Double-Locking Tremolo (Recessed)
- Hardware Finish: Black
- Tuning Machines: Jackson® Sealed Die-Cast
- Control Knobs: Dome-Style
- Switch Tip: Black
- Strings: Nickel Plated Steel (.009-.042 Gauges)
- Case/Gig Bag: Optional Jackson® KE/WR Hardshell SKB® (p/n 299-6102-506); Optional RR/KV/WR/KY Gig Bag (p/n 299-1511-106)