Distinctive and affordable, Jackson’s X Series Soloist models are built for speed and comfort! The X Series Soloist™ SLX DX is a venerable double cutaway workhorse that offers many fine features desired by today's shredders.
The SLX DX features a poplar body, through-body maple neck with graphite reinforcement and tilt-back scarf joint headstock. Hosting 24 jumbo frets, its 12"-16" fully bound compound radius laurel fingerboard curves more dramatically at the nut for easy chording and flattens out as it approaches the neck joint for low-action bends without fretting out.
Duncan Designed™ alnico HB-103N neck and high-output ceramic HB-103B bridge humbucking pickups power this metal beast with an expansive voice loaded with crunchy, full-bodied tone ideal for brazen lead work or punchy rhythms runs. Tone is fully customizable with three-way blade switching and single volume and tone controls, while a Floyd Rose® Special double-locking tremolo bridge system provides superior string stability and dynamic tremolo action.
Sleek and deadly with our signature pointed 6-in-line black headstock, the SLX DX is available in a variety of stage-worthy finishes including Granite Crystal, Red Crystal or Rocket Red with black hardware, Satin Black with gold hardware and Snow White with chrome hardware.
- 25.5” scale length
- Poplar body
- Through-body maple neck with graphite reinforcement and scarf joint
- 12”-16” compound radius bound laurel fingerboard with 24 jumbo frets and pearloid sharkfin inlays
- Duncan Designed™ HB-103B bridge and HB-103N neck humbucking pickups
- Three-posiiton pickup blade switch, single volume control and single tone control
- Floyd Rose® Special double-locking tremolo bridge system
- Jackson sealed die-cast tuners
THROUGH-BODY MAPLE NECK CONSTRUCTION WITH GRAPHITE REINFORCEMENT
Neck-through-body construction has been a Jackson hallmark since 1980, allowing for greater playability comfort and enhanced sustain. Neck-through is a method of guitar construction which involves extending the piece of wood used for the neck through the entire length of the body. Graphite-reinforcement rods flanking the truss rod provide even more neck stability to help the instrument withstand the rigors of the road.
DUNCAN DESIGNED™ HB-103B/HB-103N HUMBUCKING PICKUPS
Patterned after the Seymour Duncan Distortion set and built for aggressive playing styles, these affordable and high-quality pickups feature ceramic magnets and hot-coil windings to deliver a high-output tone with lots of crunch and harmonics while maintaining clarity.
- Body Material: Poplar
- Body Finish: Gloss
- Body Shape: Soloist™
- Number of Strings: 6
- Neck Material: Maple
- Neck Construction: Neck-Through-Body with Graphite Reinforcement and Scarf Joint
- Neck Binding: 1-Ply Black
- Neck Finish: Gloss Color Matched
- Scale Length: 25.5" (648 mm)
- Fingerboard Material: Laurel
- Fingerboard Radius: 12"-16" Compound Radius (304.8 mm to 406.4 mm)
- Number of Frets: 24
- Fret Size: Jumbo
- Nut Material: Floyd Rose® Special Locking
- Nut Width: 1.6875" (42.86 mm)
- Position Inlays: Pearloid Sharkfin
- Side Dots: Black
- Truss Rod: Dual-Action Head Adjust
- Truss Rod Nut: Truss Rod Adjustment at Nut
- Bridge Pickup: Duncan Designed™ HB-103B
- Neck Pickup: Duncan Designed™ HB-103N
- Controls: Volume, Tone
- Switching: 3-Position Blade: Position 1. Bridge and Middle, Position 2. Bridge, Middle and Neck, Position 3. Neck
- Bridge: Floyd Rose® Special Double-Locking Tremolo (Recessed)
- Hardware Finish: Black
- Tuning Machines: Jackson® Sealed Die-Cast
- Control Knobs: Dome-Style
- Switch Tip: Black
- Strings: Nickel Plated Steel (.009-.042 Gauges)
- Case/Gig Bag: Optional Jackson® Soloist™/Dinky™ SKB® Hardshell (p/n 299-6100-506); Optional Soloist™/Dinky™ Gig Bag (p/n 299-1512-106)