Lakland SHB30-BK Skyline Hollowbody-30 Short-Scale Bass Guitar, Pau Ferro Fretboard, Black
Finally – a 30” short scale hollow body bass without compromises!
The inspiration for the HB30 was simply to design a really cool short scale that addresses the idiosyncrasies of vintage hollow instruments. First, the body is carved instead of braced, which gives it a bit more weight to counterbalance the neck so it’s not “neck heavy.” This design also allows us to use our standard Lakland tailpiece bridge for rock solid intonation without a floating bridge.
The neck is a familiar 1.5” (J taper) design so string spacing is familiar and extremely comfortable. Playing ergonomics are similar to our full-scale models so the 12th fret is where you expect it. The vintage style single coils provide strong and punchy output with lots of depth and personality. Industry standard Volume/Volume/Tone control layout is instantly familiar. Styling is retro-Italian inspired for a 60’s vibe that looks as great as it sounds.
- Nut width: 1.5″
- Nut type: Delrin
- Fret size: .041/.085”
- Width at final fret: 2.42”
- 1st fret neck depth: .8”
- 12th fret neck depth: .89″
- Fingerboard radius: 10″
- Scale length: 30″
- Frets: 20
- Bridge string spacing: .75″
- Neck wood: Flat-sawn Maple
- Body wood: Carved Mahogany back and sides with carved Maple top
- Fingerboard wood: Pau Ferro
- Tuners: Hipshot Ultralites
- Truss rod access: At headstock with cover – 4mm hex
- Controls: Volume/Volume-Tone/Tone (passive)
- Bridge: Lakland Bridge (through bridge stringing only)
- Pickups: Lakland Single Coil extended range pickups.
- Left handed: Not available
- Finishes: Black