Lakland Skyline Series 55-02 Deluxe 5-String Bass, Maple Fretboard, Natural
This Lakland 55-02 Deluxe in a gorgeous natural finish is truly a player's bass. Featuring a maple neck and an ash body, the 55-02 combines vintage tone with the extended range and modern versatilty of a contemporary instrument.
The LH-3 pickups, which have exceptional clarity, pair really nicely with the onboard preamp in being able to cover a wide variety of tones and styles the bassists here at the shop approve of. The smooth feel of the comfortable maple neck and the 35" scale length keeping the low B string tight and responsive add to an exceptional playing experience.
For a fantastic-playing and sounding 5, we recommend this 55-02 for an understated yet extremely effective mid-price option.
Seen on the world’s largest stages, the 55-02 has an active punch that will drive your sound clearly through any mix, with ‘best in class’ tonality for a versatile and refined fit for any playing situation.This bass features a 35″ scale neck, deep bottom, Lakland hand-wound LH3 pickups and onboard preamp.
The LH3 pickups (wound in our shop in Chicago) and onboard preamp are the same components you’ll find in Lakland's legendary USA Series 55-94. (powered by a single 9-volt battery that can be changed by removing a simple snap-on battery cover – no screws to lose!) Internal dip switches let you select the midrange boost/cut frequency.
The neck is the same 35” scale, profile and spec as their USA series 55-94 which has won over legions of professionals because of its great feel, string spacing and most importantly, a B string with tight punchy clarity that lives with the other 4 strings in perfect harmony.
Deluxe Model – The 55-02 Deluxe adds a Quilted Maple veneer top with a satin finish as well as a roasted maple neck and fingerboard
- Body wood: Ash
- Top Wood: Quilt Maple
- Bridge string spacing: .75”
- Neck wood: Flat-sawn Maple with graphite reinforcement bars
- Fingerboard wood: Maple
- Truss rod access: Neck heel: 4mm hex
- Nut width: 1.81”
- Fret size: .041/.085”
- Width at final fret: 3.3″
- 1st fret neck depth: .81”
- 12th fret neck depth: .92″
- Fingerboard radius: 10-13″
- Scale length: 35”
- Frets: 22
HARDWARE & ELECTRONICS
- Tuners: Hipshot Ultralites
- Bridge: Lakland Dual Access (through body or through bridge)
- Controls: Cut and boost: bass, midrange, treble, panning-style pickup blend control, Master volume (pull for tone control bypass) 3-way bridge pickup coil tap toggle
- Preamp: Lakland LH3
- Pickups: Lakland MM-J configuration
- Instrument weight: 11.2 lbs