We're proud to present this Martin Custom Shop 000 with Venetian Cutaway that we collaborated on with our friends at Martin Guitars! Starting with the venerable 000 as the foundation, we opted for some tasteful appointments that truly made this guitar special - "wild grain" East Indian rosewood back, sides, and headstock, awesome highly-flamed Koa for the binding material, and a Venetian cutaway for greater upper fret access and a contemporary player's look.
In terms of both sound and playability, this guitar is every bit as special as it looks. The "wild grain" rosewood of the body will retain the same warm tonal qualities of regular rosewood but add a mesmerizing new visual dimension to the back and front of the headstock - it literally has a "3D" quality to it when viewed in the right light.
The classic combination of that body wood, Sitka spruce top, mahogany neck and ebony fretboard is Martin's traditional combo of tonewoods for a reason - it has been the formula for the most balanced, pure acoustic tonal resonance since the Pre-War era. Along with the 000 body shape, it will provide more-than-respectable volume, clear and full tone, and have a wide dynamic range conducive to both finger-picking, strummed chords, and single notes - and speaking of single notes, the classy "Venetian" cutaway makes this a true lead player's workhorse with improved access to the upper frets for soloing.
Along with the typical array of Martin hardware, this guitar features a Fishman Gold pickup system for plugged-in performance and recording, which sounds fantastic right into a DI box, PA, interface, or recording console.
For the players here at the shop, the greatest "Custom Shop" instruments combine the tone and playability that a certain model is known for with appointments such as the ones on this one that make it a true one-of-a-kind instrument and heirloom piece. As expected from the Custom Shop of arguably the most renowned and storied acoustic guitar builder in American guitar history, the playability, tonality and build quality are all top-notch.
This Custom Shop guitar had all of the woods and specifications selected by the dealer.
- Model: Custom Shop 000 Venetian Cutaway
- Top: Sitka Spruce
- Top Color: Clear
- Back and Sides: Wild Grain East Indian Rosewood
- Pickguard: Faux Tortoise
- Rosette: Style 45 Black Maple Fiber
- Bracing Material: Sitka Spruce
- Bridge Style: Modern Belly
- Body Finish: Gloss
- Top and Back Body Binding: Highly Flamed Koa
- Construction: Dovetail Joint
- Fretboard: Black Ebony
- Neck: Select Genuine Mahogany
- Neck Finish: Satin
- Neck Profile: Modified Low Oval, High Performance Taper
- Scale Length: 25.4"
- Fretboard Radius: 16"
- Nut Width: 1 3/4"
- String Spacing: 2 5/32"
- Inlays: Offset 4pt Snowflake
- Frets: 20 (14 clear of body)
- Neck Heelcap: Flamed Koa
- Headstock Veneer: Wild Grain East Indian Rosewood
- Headstock Finish: Polished
- Headstock Taper: Square
- Headstock Inlay: CFM Script Logo w/o 1833, Select Abalone
- Tuners: Grover Nickel V97-18NA StaTite 18:1 Vintage Button
- Electronics: Fishman Gold Plus Natural I
- Case: Molded Hardshell
- Weight: 4.5 lbs