We're proud to present this absolutely stunning, one-of-a-kind Martin Custom Shop OM-41 that we collaborated on with our friends at Martin Guitars! Starting with the venerable OM model as the foundation, we opted for some best-in-class appointments that truly make this guitar a once-in-a-lifetime instrument - Guatemalan rosewood back, sides, and headstock, beautiful flame maple for the binding material, striking select abalone inlaid all throughout the instrument, and, most notably, a highly-prized piece of certified high-altitude Swiss spruce for the top - one of the most sought-after and revered spruce variants and tonewoods in acoustic guitar building.
In terms of both sound and playability, this guitar is every bit as special as it looks. The Guatemalan rosewood of the body will retain the same warm tonal qualities of regular rosewood, but adds extra dimension and depth with its beautiful caramel machiatto tones, and the beautiful bookmatched grain will have you staring at this guitar's back just as you do the front. The amazing Swiss spruce also has an extra dimension and depth to it in the light along with being inherently more resonant and vibration-conducive than sitka spruce.
The classic combination of rosewood, spruce top, mahogany neck and ebony fretboard is Martin's traditional combo of tonewoods for a reason - it has been the formula for the most balanced, pure acoustic tonal resonance since the Pre-War era. Along with the OM's body shape, it will provide more-than-respectable volume, clear and full tone, and have a wide dynamic range conducive to both finger-picking, strummed chords, and single notes. This guitar embodies the quintessential Martin "orchestra" sound - focused, shimmering, warm, and balanced.
For the players here at the shop, the greatest "Custom Shop" instruments combine the tone and playability that a certain model is known for with appointments such as the ones on this one that make it a true one-of-a-kind instrument and heirloom piece. As expected from the Custom Shop of arguably the most renowned and storied acoustic guitar builder in American guitar history, the playability, tonality and build quality are all top-notch.
- Model: "OM-41" Inspired (000, Auditorium, 14 Frets Clear)
- Top: Certified High-Altitude Swiss Spruce
- Top Color: Clear Gloss
- Back and Sides: Guatemalan Rosewood
- Pickguard: Faux Tortoise
- Inlays: Select Abalone
- Rosette: Style 45 Black Maple Fiber
- Bracing Material: Sitka Spruce
- Bridge Style: Modern Belly
- Body Finish: Gloss
- Top and Back Body Binding: European Flamed Maple
- Construction: Dovetail Joint
- Fretboard: Black Ebony
- Neck: 12/4 Genuine Mahogany
- Neck Finish: Satin
- Neck Profile: PA Profile
- Scale Length: 25.4"
- Fretboard Radius: 16"
- Nut Width: 1 3/4"
- String Spacing: 2 5/32"
- Inlays: Maltese Snowflake
- Frets: 20 (14 clear of body)
- Neck Heelcap: European Flamed Maple
- Headstock Veneer: Guatemalan Rosewood
- Headstock Finish: Polished
- Headstock Taper: Square
- Headstock Inlay: CFM Block, C.F. Martin & Co., Select Abalone
- Tuners: Schaller Gold GrandTune Faceted BB Btn
- Notes: Dealer-Selected Woods & Specifications
- Case: Molded Hardshell
- Weight: 4.2 lbs