As both fans of acoustic guitar tradition as well as appreciators of modern guitar innovation, we're proud to present this best-of-both-worlds SC-13E acoustic-electric from our friends at Martin. The Martin Road Series adds modern touches and construction techniques to classic Martin tone and quality, which is intended to result in a platform meant for the contemporary gigging player that sounds "familiar" in all the best ways. After giving these a spin here at the shop, we truly believe that Martin accomplished their goal.
Not only is this SC-13E exceptionally easy to play for an acoustic, it even manages to add some amazing features like a contoured neck heel reminiscent of an electric guitar - and playability follows. It also has a really great sounding Fishman active electronics package that allows you to get fantastic sound regardless of venue. What also stands out on this one are the awesome blue accents on the inlays all around the guitar, which add a classy stylistic touch.
Even with all these departures from tradition, it still manages to sound just as a Martin should with core tonewoods like an ebony fingerboard and a Sitka spruce top - there's no compromise in iconic tone whatsoever.
The SC-13E, with its patented Sure Align® neck system, gives you full access to all frets so you can comfortably reach those high notes. It’s also equipped with a new, low-profile velocity neck barrel that ergonomically accommodates your hand as you move up the neck, giving you the comfort and playability of an electric. It was designed from the ground up to be plugged in, and its asymmetrical body shape provides balanced output, giving you more gain before feedback.
- Body Size: S-13 Fret Cutaway
- Finish Top: Gloss
- Construction: Sure Align® Linear Dovetail Neck Joint
- Back and Side Finish: Gloss
- Bracing Pattern: Tone Tension X Brace
- Scale Length: 25.4"
- Brace Shape: Treble Side Scalloped X with Non-Scalloped Tone Bars
- Fingerboard Width at Nut: 1 3/4''
- Top Material: Sitka Spruce
- Neck Shape: Low Profile Velocity
- Back Material: Koa Fine Veneer
- Neck Taper: High-Performance Taper
- Side Material: Koa Fine Veneer
- Electronics: Yes
- Electronics Options: Fishman MX-T
- Bridge Style: Sloped Modern Belly - Drop in Saddle
- Binding: White
- Bridge String Spacing: 2 5/32"
- Top Inlay Material: Blue with Multi-Stripe
- Bridge Material: Ebony
- Bridge Pin Material: White Plastic
- Pickguard: Brown Tortoise Pattern
- Bridge Pin Dots: Black Plastic
- Saddle: Compensated White Tusq
- Rosette: Aperture Design with Multi-Stripe
- Saddle Radius: 16"
- Brace Material: Sitka Spruce
- Brace Size: 5/16" with 1/4" Tone Bars
- Neck Material: Select Hardwood
- Fingerboard Material: Ebony
- Finish Neck: Satin
- Fingerboard Width at 12th Fret: 2 1/8''
- Fingerboard Inlay Style: Celestial Bullseye
- Number of Frets Total: 20
- Fingerboard Inlay Material: Mother of Pearl Pattern and Celestial Blue Dot
- Neck Joins Body At: 13th Fret
- Side Dots: White
- Headstock Shape: Solid with Square Taper
- Tuning Machines: Nickel Open Gear
- Headplate Material: Ebony
- Knob: Butterbean
- Headplate Logo Style: Script Overlay
- Nut Material: White Corian
- Case: Soft-Shell Case
- Label: Paper Label
- Pleked: Yes
- Instrument Weight: 4.2 lbs