Modern Vintage Guitars MVJ4-66 Bass, Rosewood Fretboard, Olympic White
Modern Vintage bass inspired by a 1966 "J" model. Old School Vibe! Modern Upgrades!
Modern Vintage instruments recall guitar and bass designs that are now classics with added improvements and updates that don’t tamper with the formulas that created the sound, feel, and presentation of the originals. Updates include; lightweight Hipshot bass tuning keys, for improved accuracy, and Torrefied maple necks on all models for improved stability, note sustain, and clarity. Modern 2-way truss rods are installed for easy access, allowing “on-the-fly’’ adjustment, making it easy to dial in the perfect setup.
Attention to vintage attributes and small, but significant, details sets Modern Vintage instruments apart. Steel bridge saddles with the vintage ‘screw saddle’ design on 60s bass models produce an attack/decay like the originals. Passive electronics, period-correct 4-ply tortoise pickguard material (on select models), color-matched headstocks, and neck profiles modeled after curated vintage instruments possessing the ‘most traditional’ neck shapes of the era.
Modern Vintage instruments deliver the reliability and stability of a contemporary instrument with a true vintage personality and feel. The build quality and attention to detail make Modern Vintage instruments of tremendous value.
- Body Wood: Alder
- Finish: Olympic White
- Torrefied (Roasted) Maple neck
- Dot inlays
- Indian Rosewood Slab fingerboard with binding
- Matching painted headstock
- Dual action/two-way truss rod
- Modern 9.5” fretboard radius
- Hipshot Ultralite “lollipop” tuners
- Vintage-style bridge with steel screw-type saddles
- 4-ply tortoise W/B/W/T pickguard
- Pickups: Custom Wound single-coil pickups with metal neck pickup cover
- Controls: Volume/Volume/Tone
- Case: Sold Separately
- Instrument Weight: 9.6 lbs