MTD Kingston Super Bass Guitar, 4-String, Maple Fingerboard, Matte Black
The MTD Kingston Super is the perfect combination of beauty and brawn. The stunning carved body and premium finishes perfectly support an incredibly powerful electronics package. How powerful, you ask? Well, in addition to a 3-band active preamp, Michael Tobias included a threeway mini-switch for each MM-style pickup. In the down postion the pickups are in humcancelling series mode, which gives a big, bold, punchy sound. In the middle position the pickups are in single coil mode, making them sound bright and twangy. In the up position the pickups are in humcancelling parallel mode and they sound bright and sweet, with a slightly lower output than series mode. When both pickups are in single coil mode they are humcancellng when the blend pot is centered.
That is a lot of tonal flexibility! Michael has given you a massive pallet of sonic colors. So get yourself a MTD Kingston Super and start painting.
- Great tone and light weight
- Professional features at a great price
- Incredibly comfortable and fast
- Plays in tune everywhere on the neck
- Every bassists' personal favorite fingerboard material
- Instant string changes and outstanding sustain
- These basses look as good as they Sound
- The twins deliver both power and finesse
- You will get bass tones that are as unique as you are
- Get almost any tone you can think of!
- Just the right scale length for just the right tone
- Mike Tobias's preferred fret size
- Old school or new cool!
- Lighter weight and a much, much bigger sound
- Commitment to excellence
- Carved ash body
- Mike Tobias's personal design concepts
- Asymmetrical, maple neck
- Buzz Feiten Tuning System
- Maple fingerboards
- MTD Quick Release Bridge, 3/4" (19mm) spacing
- Matte Black finishes
- Twin MM-style Pickups
- MTD 3-Band Preamp
- Volume, Blend, Treble, Mid and Bass controls, mini-switches to tap pickups
- 34,inch scale
- 24 medium jumbo frets
- US Service and Support
- Instrument Weight: 8.7 lbs