Pickup Switching Positions
- Position One: Bridge humbucker
- Position Two: Bridge humbucker with neck single-coil, in parallel
- Position Three: Bridge and neck humbuckers
- Position Four: Neck single-coil with bridge single-coil, in parallel
- Position Five: Neck humbucker
PATTERN NECK SHAPES
Neck shapes have always been a high priority for PRS and a hallmark of our quality. A guitar should feel comfortable, like "home," as soon as you pick it up, and the neck is paramount to that connection. These new neck shapes reflect modern tooling and programming that allows us to even more preciously shape and consistently reproduce our necks. The new "Pattern Regular" neck shape is similar to the traditional PRS regular neck found on guitars made in the late 80’s at PRS’s former Virginia Avenue location. The "Pattern Thin" neck is an updated version of PRS’s traditional Wide Thin neck.
It’s All in the Details: TCI-Tuned Pickups
Paul Reed Smith is known as a man who studies history, scrutinizes the details, and never stops applying what he learns to his own instruments. It is that passion, care, and tenacity that has permeated PRS Guitars’ culture and led to the constant evolution of PRS products. Last year, PRS announced TCI (tuned capacitance and inductance) pickups on the Paul’s Guitar. But, TCI is more than a pickup, it’s a process. That process has now been applied to all PRS pickups offered on our Core line of instruments, with the exception of a few artist Signature models.
“TCI stands for Tuned Capacitance Inductance. When you wind a pickup, the coils are capacitors, resistors, and inductors simultaneously. Our more refined ability to be able to tune those factors is what we have incorporated into TCI pickups,” said Paul Reed Smith. “To our ears, the results are very musical. We are very proud of how far we’ve come in the understanding and making of pickups. It’s been a fun process.”
- Model: Custom 24 Semi-Hollow 10-Top
- Color: Fire Red Smokeburst
- Top: Flame Maple 10-Top
- Back: Mahogany
- Finish: Nitro over CAB
- Construction: Set Neck
- Fretboard: East Indian Rosewood
- Neck Wood: Mahogany
- Profile: Pattern Thin - 1 11/16" width and 26/32" depth @ nut
- Inlays: Birds
- Scale Length: 25"
- Radius: 10"
- Frets: 24
- Pickups: 85/15 Bass and Treble
- Controls: 1x Volume, 1x Tone
- Pickup Selector: 5-Way Blade Switch
- Bridge: PRS Gen III Tremolo
- Tuners: PRS Phase III Locking
- Hardware Finish: Hybrid
- Case: Black Tolex Deluxe Hardshell
- Instrument Weight: 7.2 lbs.