The DGT (David Grissom Trem) is the result of more than 20 years of collaboration between Paul Smith and David Grissom. The DGT is based on the McCarty with a unique DGT neck shape, taller frets, special pickups, and a revised control layout. Grissom and Paul spent a year A/B-ing more than forty sets of pickups before nailing the vintage-voice of DGT humbuckers. When paired with individual volume controls for each pickup and a push/pull master tone control that operates the coil taps, DGT pickups provide versatility and articulation.
“The DGT is a product a lot of miles down the road: a lot of gigs, a lot of records. It’s like picking up a vintage guitar. It sounds like a vintage guitar, and out of the box it’s ready to go. There’s a whole lot of thought gone into this. The DGT is pretty perfect to me.” – David Grissom
- Model: DGT 10-Top
- Color: McCarty Tobacco Burst
- Top: Flame Maple 10-Top
- Body: Mahogany
- Binding: Natural
- Fretboard: East Indian Rosewood
- Neck: Mahogany
- Neck Finish: Gloss
- Scale Length: 25"
- Fretboard Radius: 10"
- Neck Profile: DGT (similar to Pattern Vintage)
- Frets: 22, Jumbo
- Fretboard Binding: Parchment
- Pickups: DGT Bass and Treble
- Controls: 2x Volume, 1x Tone (push/pull coil-tap)
- Pickup Selector: 3-Way Toggle Switch
- Bridge: Gen III Tremolo
- Tuners: Phase III Locking w/ Faux Bone Buttons
- Case: Black Tolex Hardshell