PRS Paul Reed Smith Dustie Waring DW CE 24 Hardtail Guitar, Maple Fingerboard, Faded Blue Smokeburst
How do you make the already-amazing PRS CE 24 even more special? Outfit it with the equipment necessary to make it a dedicated progressive metal axe ready to melt faces! The DW CE 24 Dustie Waring Hardtail model, despite its sheer awesomeness, is still one of the more underrated signature models in the PRS lineup.
Featuring a modified Pattern Thin neck built for speed and a hardtail bridge for unparalleled tuning stability, shredders and virtuosic guitar heroes used to the "Superstrat" format will feel right at home on this axe. And Waring's signature Mojotone pickups are just killer - Mojotone managed to take the best of both alnico and ceramic pickups for the best of both worlds. They have the clarity and responsiveness of alnico but the punchiness and power of ceramic - both elements that are needed for a great prog metal tone. These pickups can handle any amount of gain you throw at them.
Put all that on a platform that has the looks to kill - a blacked-out hardware setup, a fast maple fretboard with black birds, a gorgeous Faded Blue Smokeburst finish, along with a gorgeous black back and satin neck... This thing is simply beastly in looks, sound, and playability.
The DW CE 24 Hardtail Limited Edition brings Dustie Waring’s signature specs to a tremless guitar. Dustie Waring’s signature model starts with the PRS CE 24 bolt-on platform and includes a satin-finished maple neck, maple fretboard, a slightly modified Pattern Thin neck carve (Waring’s carve is slightly thinner front to back), and - unique to this limited edition – a hardtail bridge.
The pickups and electronics are also unique to Waring’s signature axe. The pickups are Waring’s signature Mojotone Dustie Waring Gen 2 Tomahawk pickups. Made with both ceramic and alnico magnets and a special winding technique, DW Gen 2 Tomahawks have plenty of output and big bottom end while remaining articulate and clear - a notable quality for high gain pickups. Paired with a volume and tone control and 5-way blade pickup selector, the DW CE 24 Hardtail is menacing, sophisticated, and addictive to play.
- Body Construction: Solidbody
- Top Wood: Maple
- Back Wood: Mahogany
- Top Carve: Violin
- Number of Frets: 24
- Scale Length: 25"
- Neck Wood: Maple
- Neck Construction: Scarfed
- Truss Rod: PRS Double-Acting
- Neck Shape: Dustie Waring
- Neck Depth At The Nut: 13/16"
- Width Of Fretboard At The Nut: 1 11/16"
- Width Of Fretboard At The Body: 2 1/4"
- Fretboard Wood: Maple
- Fretboard Radius: 10"
- Fretboard Inlay: Black Birds
- Headstock Logo: Signature, Decal
- Neck/Body Assembly Type: Bolt-On
- Bridge: PRS Plate Style (String Through)
- Tuners: PRS Low Mass Locking
- Hardware Type: Satin Black
- Nut: PRS
- Truss Rod Cover: "CE"
- Treble Pickup: Mojotone Dustie Waring Gen 2 Tomahawk
- Bass Pickup: Mojotone Dustie Waring Gen 2 Tomahawk
- Controls: Volume and Tone Control with 5-Way Blade Pickup Switch
- Strings: PRS Signature 10-46
- Tuning: Standard (6 String): E, A, D, G, B, E
- Case: Gig Bag
- Instrument Weight: 7.3 lbs