The PRS Special Semi-Hollow Limited Edition guitar offers players a versatile hum/single/hum configuration with two PRS 58/15 MT (Multi-Tap) humbuckers and a PRS Narrowfield middle pickup. The 58/15 MT’s offer all the tone of the originals while compensating for volume loss when split to single coils. The Narrowfield pickup delivers the bite of a single coil – without the hum but with plenty of clarity and punch. Paired with a 5-Way blade switch and two mini-toggles that tap the humbuckers, this guitar can handle myriad sounds and styles, and the semi-hollow body with single f-hole provides a welcome airiness and depth to the guitar’s tone.
The foundation of this guitar is very much like a Custom 22 – maple top, mahogany back, 22-fret 25” scale length mahogany neck, rosewood fretboard, Phase III tuners, and PRS Gen III patented tremolo – but the versatile electronics truly carry it to new sonic territory.
Pickup Switching Positions:
- Position 1: Treble
- Position 2: Treble and Middle
- Position 3: Treble and Bass
- Position 4: Bass and Middle
- Position 5: Bass
- Paul Reed Smith Special 22 Semi-Hollow 10-Top
- Trampas Green - Natural Binding
- Flame Maple 10-Top
- Mahogany Semi-Hollow Body
- Mahogany Neck
- Pattern Profile: 1 11/16" width and 28/32" depth @ nut
- Rosewood Fretboard
- 25" Scale Length | 22 Frets
- Bird Inlays
- Pickups: 58/15 MT Bass and Treble, Narrowfield Middle
- 5-Way Blade Pickup Switch + 2 Mini-Toggles (for coil-splitting)
- PRS Phase III Locking Tuners Hybrid Hardware
- PRS Gen III Tremolo
- PRS Black Tolex Hardshell Case
- Serial #: 0277528
- Instrument Weight: 6.7 lbs.