We're proud to present this beautiful McCarty 594 from our friends over at Paul Reed Smith with a stunning 10-Top and a brilliant Eriza Verde finish!
While it has never been particularly difficult for Paul Reed Smith to make lifelong converts out of guitar players, many fans of the iconic 24.75" singlecut-style guitar were left clamoring for something that has that PRS quality and tone but with the slinky feel they are used to out of their guitars with the shorter scale length.
Being the ever-ingenuitive designer that he is, Paul Reed Smith has hit the nail on the head with this one. The tone is very reminiscent of the older McCarty or Custom 22, but the scale length is 24.594" long and the strings sing out with sustain for days. The vintage-voiced 58/15LT pickups provide excellent warmth when playing clean and enough output and mid-range to keep your tone distinct and articulate when using distortion. The Pattern Vintage neck will feel very familiar and comfortable for anyone that has played one of the PRS Pattern necks. It's a Pattern shaped neck but is slightly thicker from front to back and has an asymmetrical carve that feels very ergonomic while providing massive tone and sustain.
Simply put, this is as good as it gets if you're a vintage guitar lover but want that extra refinement in quality and tone that PRS is known for. A pro-quality instrument through and through, the McCarty 594 has skyrocketed to being one of PRS's top-selling models behind their flagship Custom 24 models. If you want a do-it-all PRS with classic tone but with a slightly slinkier feel on the strings, this is it!
The McCarty 594 is a vintage-inspired instrument that is at once incredibly familiar and effortlessly playable. Whether you are looking for rich, authentic, vintage humbucking tones or nuanced, sweet single-coil sounds, the McCarty 594 can seamlessly master both sonic territories thanks to the 58/15 LT TCI pickups and push/pull coil taps on the tone controls. The electronics layout, a few key specifications, and PRS craftsmanship combine in the McCarty 594 to create an instrument that plays in tune, is intonated the entire length of the neck, and feels like a guitar that you’ve been playing forever.
A few key specifications that contribute to the McCarty 594’s tone and feel are:
- A 24.594” scale length, just slightly longer than 24.5” and where the model gets its name.
- 58/15 LT TCI pickups. LT, meaning low turns, which give the guitar a warm, clear tone.
- 2 volume and 2 tone controls positioned so players can roll off both volume knobs at the same time.
- The added versatility of push/pull coil taps for each pickup for more tonal options
- A new Pattern Vintage neck carve, which shares the same width measurements as PRS’s Pattern neck but is slightly thicker front to back and features an asymmetrical carve with a little less meat on the treble side and a little more meat on the bass side of the neck.
"I think a lot of people know PRS as a company that is looking to history, innovating, and improving all at the same time. The McCarty 594 is a great example of that culture. I believe it to be a great musical instrument… quality, playability, and tone. It is also, as the ad says, subtly very different. When we were developing the 594, we examined everything: the scale length, the tuners, the bridge materials, the nut material, the pickups, the neck shape...... every piece of this instrument was designed to be exactly what we thought it needed to be to add up to the best instrument we could make. The final guitar, in my experience, is more than the sum of its parts. My hope is it is a source of joy and real musicality for everyone who picks one up. So far, it seems to be doing its job in that regard" – Paul Reed Smith
- Model: McCarty 594 10-Top
- Color: Eriza Verde
- Top: Flame Maple 10-Top
- Binding: Natural
- Back: Mahogany
- Construction: Set Neck
- Fretboard: East Indian Rosewood
- Binding: White
- Neck Wood: Mahogany
- Scale: 24.594"
- Fretboard Radius: 10"
- Frets: 22
- Inlays: Birds
- Neck Profile: Pattern Vintage - 1 11/16" width and 57/64" depth @ nut
- Bridge: PRS 2-Piece Stoptail
- Tuners: Vintage-Style
- Hardware Finish: Hybrid
- Pickups: 58/15 LT TCI Bass and Treble
- Controls: 2x Volume, 2x Tone (push/pull for coil-split)
- Pickup Selector: 3-Way Toggle Switch
- Case: PRS Black Tolex Hardshell
- Instrument Weight: 7.9 lbs.