The SE Kingfisher has modern signature sound that will grab your attention. Dual humbucking pickups give sparkling top end with a high midrange growl to give the Kingfisher a personality that will cut through the mix while holding down the band with its sweet warm fundamental tone.
Designed in PRS’s Maryland shop, the Kingfisher’s offset Swamp Ash body and neck-through construction provide sustain and evenly balanced tone. The 24 fret maple/walnut neck allows unlimited possibilities for your creativity and sonic palette, and the 34” scale length makes this an instantly comfortable bass for players old and new.
Kingfisher (4B ‘H’) pickups are deep, thick-sounding humbuckers with plenty of top end clarity and punch. These modern pickups have a distinct old-school tonal character that delivers that huge “clacky” tone missing from some modern basses.
- Body Wood: Swamp Ash
- Number of Frets: 24
- Scale Length: 34"
- Neck Wood: 5-Ply Maple/Walnut, Neck-Through Construction
- Neck Shape: SE Bass 4
- Neck Depth At The Nut: 25.5/32"
- Width of Fretboard at the Body: 2 17/32"
- Width of Fretboard at the Nut: 1 19/32"
- Fretboard Wood: Rosewood
- Fretboard Inlay: Birds
- Truss Rod Cover: "Kingfisher"
- Bridge: Hipshot TransTone
- Tuners: Hipshot HB6
- Hardware Type: Chrome
- Controls: Two Volume Controls and One Tone Control
- Strings: 45-105
- Included Accessories: PRS SE Gig Bag