Sadowsky MetroLine 21-Fret Hybrid P/J Bass, Solid Candy Apple Red Metallic High Polish
We've been honored to be able to present some of the greatest bass guitars on the planet, and this Sadowsky Metroline is not an exception in the least! Roger Sadowsky is, undoubtedly, one of the greatest bass guitar luthiers of all-time, and the venerable Warwick brand has now taken over production for the majority of Sadowsky basses. Bringing together Sadowsky's design prowess and Warwick's commitment to quality, the team over in Germany is truly doing a phenomenal job. These basses remain true to Roger's vision and are absolutely fantastic.
This gorgeous 21-fret MetroLine was built with the utmost care and precision. The attention to detail is incredible - spot-on fretwork is spot on and buttery-low action. The P/J Sadowsky pickups and preamp combine to provide a versatile modern tonal palette that can cover it all. It truly is the perfect blend of clarity and power, as the two pickups have just the right amount of output to account for the usual weaknesses of either position. The Sadowsky 2-band boost-only preamp has become iconic and legendary in its own right. Its tonal qualities just sit perfectly in the mix regardless of how the controls are set.
For the bassist that demands only the best and requires the cream of the crop, Sadowsky has delivered once again!
Roger Sadowsky's goal was always to further improve an already very successful bass design by making a number of detailed improvements. Along with the electronics, which he developed by himself, he succeeded to raise the well-known P/J bass sound to a new level, so today you can speak of a typical Sadowsky tone: Never harsh or shrill sounding, with strong, powerful but never muddy bass, with present, but not too aggressive mids, and a sweet and airy treble range. All features of this modern bass sound can also be found in the 21-Fret Hybrid P/J basses of the MetroLine series made exclusively in Germany. All basses are lightweighted with approximately 8.9 lbs (4.0 kg). A good choice for bass players who are looking for a lightweight solution for the stage in addition to a modern bass sound. Special features of the P/J basses of this series are the active electronics with true bypass, Vintage Tone Control, treble and bass boost, ultralight Sadowsky tuners and the special Sadowsky bridge for quick string release. This 4-string bass in classic P-style shaped red alder body comes in Solid Candy Apple Red Metallic High Polish finish.
- American Red Alder body
- Solid Candy Apple Red Metallic High Polish finish
- 34" (864 mm) scale
- bolt-on construction
- Maple neck
- Morado fingerboard
- 12" fingerboard radius
- Sadowsky Just-A-Nut III nut
- 1.5" (38.1 mm) nut width
- 21 nickel silver frets (width: 0.094" (2.4 mm) / height: 0.051" (1.3 mm)
- Sadowsky Light machine heads with open gear
- Sadowsky S-security locks
- Sadowsky bridge with quick string release
- chrome hardware
- parchment pickguard
- passive Sadowsky P-Style pickup (neck)
- passive hum-cancelling Sadowsky J-Style pickup in 60s position (bridge)
- active Sadowsky 2-way electronics (bass and treble boost) with Vintage Tone Control (VTC)
- controls for Volume / Balance / Vintage Tone Control (P/P) / Treble and Bass (stacked)
- push/pull function at VTC knob for preamp bypass
- Sadowsky Blue Label 045 - 105 strings
- incl. hex key tools and individual Certificate of Authenticity
- incl. Sadowsky Portabag (SAC BAG BASS PORTA)
- made in Germany
- Instrument Weight: 7.8 lbs