Sandberg Guitars was founded back in 1986 by Holger Stonjek and Gerd Gorzelke. Since then, they have been producing hand-made instruments at the highest quality. This bass features Sandberg's newest version of the California body shape along with Sandberg pickups and preamp that Glockenklang helped them develop. The reverse-P pickup and MM-style bridge humbucker combine to provide anything from familiar vintage tones to uniquely modern and hi-fi sounds. This is an extraordinarily versatile bass. This bass is made out with an alder body, Canadian hard maple, and an ebony fretboard.
- Model: California II VM-4
- Color: Gold Leaf
- Body: Alder
- Construction: Bolt-On
- Fretboard: Ebony
- Radius: 14"
- Frets: 22 + Zero Fret
- Fretboard Inlays: None (white side dots)
- Neck Wood: Canadian Hard Rock Maple
- Finish: Satin
- Neck Profile: Thin C-Shape
- Nut: 1.56" (39.5mm) Graphite
- Neck Depth @ 1st Fret: 0.79" (20mm)
- Scale: 34"
- Headstock: Matching Gold Leaf
- Pickups: Sandberg Reverse Split-Coil + MM Humbucker
- Preamp: Custom 9v 2-Band EQ (designed by Glockenklang)
- Controls: Volume (push/pull for active/passive), Blend, Bass, Treble (acts as tone knob when in passive mode)
- Bridge: Sandberg Custom 18.5mm - 20mm Adjustable String Spacing
- Tuners: Sandberg Ultra Light
- Hardware Finish: Black
- Case: Sandberg Gig Bag
- Made In Germany
- Instrument Weight: 8.3 lbs.