Sandberg Guitars was founded back in 1986 by Holger Stonjek and Gerd Gorzelke. Since then, they have been producing hand-made instruments at the highest quality. This bass features Sandberg's newest version of the California body shape finished in a custom Cosmic Black with Shell Pink stripes color. The alder body’s previously even rear bouts now have a decidedly offset vibe. The lower horn has less mass and the cutaway is deeper. The neck pocket goes a bit deeper into the body as well to help with the transference of vibrations. Overall these will weigh a bit less than older California body shapes and will have excellent balance when worn with a strap standing up.
This one is a dealer exclusive custom color.
- Model: California VS-4
- Color: Cosmic Black w/ Shell Pink Stripes
- Body: Alder
- Relic Level: Soft Age
- Construction: Bolt-On
- Fretboard: Rosewood
- Neck: Hard Rock Maple
- Profile: Thin D Shape - 1.53" nut width, 21mm thickness at 1st fret
- Inlays: None
- Frets: 22
- Scale: 34"
- Radius: 14"
- Nut Material: Graphite + Zero Fret
- Pickup: Sandberg Split-Coil
- Controls: 1x Volume, 1x Tone
- Color: Black
- Bridge: Sandberg Custom 18.5mm - 20mm Adjustable String Spacing
- Tuners: Sandberg Ultra Lightweight
- Made In Germany
- Case: Sandberg Padded Gig Bag
- Instrument Weight: 7.4 lbs.