Sandberg Guitars was founded back in 1986 by Holger Stonjek and Gerd Gorzelke. Since then, they have been producing hand-made instruments at the highest quality. This bass features Sandberg's Forty Eight body shape. The body is made out of alder and the neck is Canadian hard rock maple with a maple fretboard. Sandberg reverse split-coil and power humbucking pickups, as well as a great sounding Sandberg 2-band preamp, round out the electronics. The preamp can be bypassed by pulling up on the volume knob. In passive mode, the treble EQ knob serves as a passive tone control.
- Model: Forty Eight 5-String
- Color: Virgin White w/ Black Racing Stripes
- Body: Alder
- Pickguard: White
- Construction: Bolt-On
- Fretboard: Maple
- Neck: Canadian Hard Maple
- Scale Length: 34"
- Fretboard Radius: 14"
- Neck Shape: Thin C
- Zero Fret / Nut Width: 1.77" (45mm)
- 1st Fret Neck Thickness: 20mm
- Nut Material: Graphite
- Frets: Zero Fret + 22, Nickel
- Pickups: Sandberg Reverse P Split-Coil + MM-Style Power Humbucker
- Preamp: 2-Band EQ
- Controls: Volume (push/pull for active/passive), Blend, Treble (passive tone), Bass
- Bridge: 18mm to 19.5mm Adjustable String Spacing
- Tuners: Sandberg Ultra Lite
- Case: Sandberg Gig Bag
- Instrument Weight: 9.2 lbs.