Sandberg Guitars was founded back in 1986 by Holger Stonjek and Gerd Gorzelke. Since then, they have been producing hand-made instruments at the highest quality. This bass features Sandberg's Forty Eight body shape. The body is made out of European ash and the neck is Canadian hard rock maple with a pau ferro fretboard. Sandberg reverse split-coil and power humbucking pickups, as well as a great sounding Sandberg 2-band preamp, round out the electronics. The preamp can be bypassed by pulling up on the volume knob. In passive mode, the treble EQ knob serves as a passive tone control.
- Model: Forty Eight
- Color: Metallic Black w/ Neon Green Exclusive Finish
- Body: Alder
- Construction: Bolt-On
- Fretboard: Rosewood
- Neck: Canadian Hard Maple
- Scale Length: 34"
- Fretboard Radius: 14"
- Neck Shape: Thin C
- Zero Fret / Nut Width: 1.77" (45mm)
- 1st Fret Neck Thickness: 20mm
- Nut Material: Graphite
- Frets: Zero Fret + 22, Nickel
- Pickups: Sandberg Reverse P Split-Coil + MM-Style Power Humbucker
- Preamp: 2-Band EQ
- Controls: Volume (push/pull for active/passive), Blend, Treble (passive tone), Bass
- Bridge: 18mm to 19.5mm Adjustable String Spacing
- Tuners: Sandberg Ultra Lite
- Hardware Color: Black
- Case: Sandberg Gig Bag
- Instrument Weight: 8.6 lbs.