As one of the top Schecter dealers, we're stoked to bring out Intervals guitarist Aaron Marshall's newest line of signature guitars! Aaron is one of the coolest cats in the prog metal scene right now, and his signature axes are right there with him - the specs on these new models are top-notch, and this AM-6 in a gorgeous Arctic Jade color with matching headstock is no exception.
Every archetype of guitar has its signature tonewood formula, and the combination of a lightweight basswood body with wenge neck back and ebony fretboard are commonly recurring in guitars of this style, and for good reason - the midrange balance of basswood and the clear and powerful attack of wenge/ebony are perfect for staying tight under heavy distortion.
The Schecter USA Solstice and Equinox pickups are just stellar. They have the tightness under gain and crystalline clarity when played clean of active humbuckers in a more traditional passive format - the perfect prog passive pickups. Premium features like Hipshot locking tuners, a super-stable Gotoh 2-point tremolo, Stainless Steel frets and a TUSQ nut put this guitar squarely in the 21st century of guitar innovation without straying uncomfortably far off the beaten path.
If you're a prog metal player who digs supreme function with minimalist aesthetics, the AM-6 is a mighty fine choice.
- Model Name: Aaron Marshall AM-6
- Item Number: 2940
- Guitar Color Shown: Arctic Jade
- Guitar Colors: Arctic Jade
- Top Contour: Arched Top
- Dexterity: Right Handed
- Construction: Bolt-on
- Body Material: Basswood
- Fretboard Material: Macassar Ebony
- Neck Material: Quarter Sawn Wenge
- Inlays: Aluminum Offset/Reverse Circles
- Side Dot Markers: Super Blue Luminlay
- Scale: 25.5" (648 MM)
- Neck Shape: Thin "C"
- Thickness: 1st Fret- .787" (20MM), 12th Fret- .866" (22MM)
- Frets: 24 X-Jumbo Stainless Steel
- Fretboard Radius: 12" (305MM) -16" (406MM) Compound Radius
- Nut: Graph Tech XL Black Tusq
- Nut Width: 1.643" (42MM)
- Truss Rod: 2-Way Adjustable Rod w/ Heel Access Spoke Wheel
- Tuners: Hipshot Grip-Lock
- Bridge: Gotoh Vintage 2-Point Tremolo
- Knobs: Chrome Metal O-Ring
- Hardware Color: Chrome
- Controls: Volume/Tone/5-Way Switch
- Bridge Pickup: Schecter USA Solstice
- Neck Pickup: Schecter USA Equinox
- Strings: Ernie Ball Regular Slinky #2221 (.010-.046)
- Case (Sold Separately): 6995
- Instrument Weight: 8 lbs