Aggressive and sophisticated, the Prog NX models are an extension of the Original model design with the new EGS Pro Rev7 Tremolo System and the smooth and slick-playing Richlite fretboard. With a more cutting tone than the Original, the Prog models are ideal for modern progressive and metal players using high-gain amplification systems. The versatile Fishman pickups and switching system provide a wide range of sounds for virtually any playing style and musical genre.
WHAT MAKES IT SPECIAL?
The Boden Prog NX is built for speed and aggression as well as all-encompassing tonal versatility. Featuring a lightweight chambered Sassafras body mated with solid Maple top and premium grade Flame or Quilted Maple veneer along with carbon-reinforced Maple neck and Richlite fretboard, the Prog NX is acoustically resonant with a full-yet-cutting sound that is faithfully delivered to your amplification system with either Suhr™ passive pickups for the 6-string model or Fishman™ active pickups for the 7-string models. The Prog NX is equipped with the EGS Pro Rev7 Tremolo System that operates smoothly while providing excellent tuning stability.
WHAT DOES IT DO?
The acoustic character of the Boden Prog NX is lively and balanced with superb articulation for both rhythm and lead playing but with a more “open” sound than the Original NX due to the tremolo system and the spring cavity. Tonally, it emphasizes the high midrange like the Original NX but with a cutting edge that punches through mix with authority due to the Richlite fretboard. The patented EndurNeck™ provides both comfort and strength to your forearm and wrist, allowing you to play longer without fatigue and with improved technique so you can focus on your playing and music. The new Rev7 hardware facilitates quick string changes and setup work to keep your guitar in optimum playing condition. The new Venture Gig Bag allows you to take your Boden anywhere with comfort, ease, and robust protection for virtually any environment.
WHO IS IT FOR?
The Boden Prog NX is for the forward-thinking musician who is not held back by traditions and is always seeking to innovate and break new ground. The tremolo system of the Prog NX expands the tonal and technical palettes for the adventurous musician who is not afraid to take chances. Embracing the best of the past but incorporating new concepts such as headless design, multi-scale construction, the radically innovative EndurNeck™, and aircraft-grade aluminum hardware, the Boden design has stood the test of time and continues to evolve and expand into new frontiers to help modern musicians to be the very best they can be.
- Bolt-On Construction with new sculpted neck joint heel
- Chambered Sassafras Body with Arm and Torso Carves
- Solid Maple Top with 4A Flame Maple or Quilt Maple veneer
- Manufactured in Indonesia
- .strandberg* EGS Pro Rev7 7-string tremolo system & string locks
- Black anodized hardware
- Original Luminlay™ Green Side Dots
- Original Luminlay™ Green Inlays
Neck & Frets
- Maple neck – Quartersawn, Carbon Fiber reinforced
- EndurNeck™ Profile
- Richlite Fretboard
- 20” Fretboard Radius
- 24 Frets
- Jescar 51100 Stainless Steel Fretwire (57110 for zero fret)
- D’Addario NYXL 095-64 strings
- Standard tuning BEADGBE
- NX Multitool and Allen Key kit included
- Strap optional
- Deluxe Toolkit optional
- H-H Pickup Configuration
- Neck: Fishman Fluence Modern Alnico HB Mount, Brushed Stainless
- Bridge: Fishman Fluence Modern Ceramic HB Mount, Brushed Stainless
- 3-Way Pickup Selector
- Neck + Bridge in parallel
- Master Volume w/ push-pull for Split Coil
- Master Tone w/ push-pull for Voice 1/2
- Venture Gig Bag included
- Instrument Weight: 5.4 lbs