The original Boden Standard Series guitars were developed to provide the same key features that our guitars are acclaimed for but with solidbody construction, our own design pickups, and figured Maple top veneers to reduce costs and offer a line that delivers outstanding value as well as topflight performance. The solidbody has a distinctively different kind of sound and response than the chambered body and it isn’t better or worse: just different and a matter of personal preference.
What Makes It Special?
The Boden Standard NX was developed to provide great majority of the premium features found on such models as the Original, Prog, and Fusion but with a solid American Basswood body, Flame Maple veneers and our own specially designed pickups. The result is a lineup of guitars that provides all of the distinctive characteristics and key features that the Boden guitars are known for at a superb value for the working musician. All Standard models feature Quartersawn Maple necks and fretboards with the EndurNeck profile, Luminlay™ face and side dots, Jescar stainless steel frets and the innovative .strandberg* EGS Rev 7 hardware as on all of our NX model guitars.
What Does It Do?
The combination of Basswood with Maple neck/fretboard is one of the most popular electric guitar wood combinations used by many top guitar builders and artists alike, producing an ideal balance between warmth, punch, brilliance and sustain for an extremely well-rounded sound that’ll excel at virtually any musical genre or playing style. Our pickups were custom designed and wound to our specifications to bring out the best acoustic properties of the woods and hardware for a very balanced and rich sound through any amplification system.
Who Is It For?
The Boden Standard NX models are for players who do not require high-end features such as chambered body, 4-A grade figured top/fretboard, and name brand pickups but require the same premium look, sound and features that provide the performance they need as well as long-lasting value. Like our Classic NX models, the solidbody construction offers a different type of feel and sound than the chambered-body guitars but still delivers the trademark .strandberg* clarity, articulation, sustain, and warm organic tonal character that our guitars are known for.
- Bolt-On Construction with new sculpted neck joint heel
- American Basswood Body with Arm and Torso Carves
- Flame Maple Veneer
- Available Finishes: Translucent Amber, Translucent Green
- Manufactured in Indonesia
- .strandberg* EGS Rev 7 fixed bridge & string locks
- Black anodized hardware
- Original Luminlay™ Green Side Dots
- Original Luminlay™ Green Inlays
Neck & Frets
- Maple neck – Quartersawn, Carbon Fiber reinforced
- EndurNeck™ Profile
- Maple Fretboard
- 20″ Fretboard Radius
- 24 Frets
- Jescar 51100 Stainless Steel Fretwire (57110 for zero-fret)
- D’Addario NYXL 10-46 strings
- Standard tuning EADGBE
- NX Multitool and Allen Key Kit included
- Strap optional
- Deluxe Toolkit optional
- H – H Pickup Configuration
- Neck: .strandberg* custom OEM neck humbucker
- Bridge: .strandberg* custom OEM bridge humbucker
- 5-Way Pickup Selector
- Neck Outer Coil
- Neck Outer Coil + Bridge Outer Coil in parallel
- Neck Inner Coil + Bridge Inner Coil in parallel
- Master Volume + Master Tone
- Standard Gig Bag included
- Instrument Weight: 4.4 lbs