At Suhr we believe that great instruments inspire great performances. Every detail of the Modern was carefully considered when we set out to craft an instrument that upholds this belief. The Modern shape is our high-performance take on the 24 fret design. The sleek elliptical neck profile, balanced asymmetrical body, and innovative neck heel deliver unmatched playability and comfort. The stunning hand selected waterfall burl top was hand selected by Music Store Live along with all of the other appointments on this guitar.
This Modern features a roasted flame maple neck with a ziricote fingerboard. The neck is unfinished and the feeling of the smooth, bare wood on your fretting hand is divine. Over time, the oils from your hands work into the wood and the feel of the neck only gets better and better over time. Rolled edges and a 10-14” compound fingerboard radius offers a substantial, yet comfortable shape. Stainless steel frets offer silky smooth bending and long-lasting playability. Every Suhr receives a PLEK fret dress, ensuring the best possible string action, playability and intonation. The sculpted heel of the Modern allows for easy access to all 24 frets. For optimum tone and stability, the neck joint must not be too tight or too loose, therefore all of our neck pockets are precisely fitted by hand, by expert craftsmen. The Modern shape has a unique asymmetrical body that balances superbly with the extended 24-fret neck. Fast, sleek and sexy looking, the Modern shape will feel right at home to players who were weaned on the popular and innovative shapes that came into vogue in the 80’s. The Gotoh 510 tremolo bridge features dual steel knife edge pivot points to provide greater functionality and years of trouble free performance. The 510’s steel block increases sustain and tuning stability. In this guitar, the tremolo bridge is recessed into the body to allow for freakishly low action.
- Thornbucker Neck Humbucker
- V60LP Middle Single Coil
- Thornbucker+ Bridge Humbucker
Positions 2 and 4 on the 5-way selector switch auto-split the humbuckers when combined with the middle pickup.
- Suhr Modern Custom
- Natural Finish
- Hand Selected Spalted Maple Top
- Mahogany Body
- Hand Selected Roasted Flame Maple Neck
- Hand Selected Zirictoe Fretboard
- Modern Elliptical .800" - .850" Neck Shape - 1.650" TUSQ Nut Width
- 25.5" Scale
- 24 Jumbo Stainless Steel Frets
- 10" - 14" Compound Radius Fretboard
- Suhr SSV (neck), ML Standard (middle), and SSH Plus (bridge) Pickups
- Master Volume / Master Tone (push/pull to split humbuckers)
- 5-Way Pickup Selector
- Gotoh 510 Tremolo Recessed (for ultra-low action) Bridge
- Black Hardware
- Suhr Locking Tuners
- Suhr Black Hardshell Case
- Approximate Instrument Weight: 8.1 lbs