Oh man. "Oh man" is certainly the reaction that a Suhr Modern gets from us whenever we open the bag, every time.
We're stoked to present this stunning Modern Plus with a highly figured flame maple top and a gorgeous Trans Blue Denim Slate finish!
The Suhr Modern is Suhr's take on the "Superstrat" - a guitar designed for... well, you guessed it... the modern-day player who's not afraid to deviate from vintage low-gain tones and needs a more aggressive look and sound, whilst still retaining the familiar shape, Suhr features, ease of use, and high-quality craftsmanship.
It's clear from the specifications of this model that John and the gang took a minute to sit down and think about what the most practical guitar would be for a player who wants to focus on playing and sounding their best with no obstruction. We love how this guitar retains features from Suhr's more vintage-style models, such as the lightning-fast, perfectly-shaped roasted maple neck that remains ultra stable through the elements while feeling amazing to play, as well as the Gotoh 510 bridge with a steel tremolo block and the locking tuners. The latter is especially cool because, well, let's face it - the double-locking tremolo that usually comes on this style of guitar is awesome, but isn't for everyone. Opting for the standard 2-point trem and locking tuner configuration ensures both easy maintenance while still getting pretty much all the way there in terms of tuning stability and usage.
The pickup selection is another example of Suhr practicality. You have the SSV in the neck which has a more "PAF" level of output, and as a neck pickup, its clear voice ensures that it still works great for high-gain liquid leads while still being able to pull off vintage rock and shimmering clean tones - especially in conjunction with the V60LP middle pickup, which is the exact same pickup used in the Classic S. Then you have the SSH+ in the bridge, which provides a powerful and aggressive voice that can roll heads with some gain. Along with the extra splitting options the controls provide, Suhr ensured that the pickup set isn't just a set of outright high-output monsters that tend to be useless clean, and instead have the ability to cover just about any genre you can throw at them.
This is a hot-rodded axeman's dream right here. Gorgeous tone with the looks to match - come check one out!
The new Suhr Modern Plus features a brand new roasted maple neck with pau ferro or maple fingerboard. The Modern Plus retains many of the original specifications of the Modern Pro including the sleek elliptical neck profile, balanced asymmetrical body, innovative neck heel and stunning flame maple top. Proprietary Suhr locking tuners and the Gotoh 510 tremolo provides superior tuning stability.
- The Suhr Modern is equipped with our Modern Elliptical neck profile. Rolled edges and a 10-14” compound fingerboard radius offers a substantial, yet comfortable shape.
- Stainless steel frets offer silky smooth bending and long-lasting playability. Every Suhr receives a PLEK fret dress, ensuring the best possible string action, playability and intonation.
- The sculpted heel of the Modern allows for easy access to all 24 frets. For optimum tone and stability, the neck joint must not be too tight or too loose, therefore all of our neck pockets are precisely fitted by hand, by expert craftsmen.
- The Modern shape has a unique asymmetrical body that balances superbly with the extended 24-fret neck. Fast, sleek and sexy looking, the Modern shape will feel right at home to players who were weaned on the popular and innovative shapes that came into vogue in the 80’s.
- The Basswood and Flame Maple top has a fat, well-balanced tone that produces smooth sounds without any hard edges.
- Great care is taken to ensure that the thinnest possible layers of finish are applied. Our finishing process provides an unparalleled combination of protection, beauty, and tone. This allows the wood to resonate freely while still providing ample protection.
- Scraped binding allows for the natural maple to be seen along the edge of the top wood. This painstaking and detailed process accentuates the beauty of the body shape and adds elegance to the design.
- The Modern is available in two bridge/pickup configurations: HSH with a Gotoh 510 bridge, or HH with a Gotoh Floyd. Both configurations utilize a 5-way mega-switch to serve up an array of versatile split-coil tones.
- The Gotoh 510 tremolo bridge features dual steel knife edge pivot points to provide greater functionality and years of trouble free performance. The 510’s steel block increases sustain and tuning stability.
- Equipped with staggered Suhr Locking Tuners, which provide an 18:1 gear ratio, improved tuning stability, and no need for a traditional string tree.
- Positions 2 and 4 on the 5-way selector switch auto-split the humbuckers when combined with the middle pickup. The 5-way pickup selector switch gives you access to a variety of humbucking and authentic split-coil tones. The treble bleed circuit ensures consistent tone as you roll down the volume control, and is out of the circuit when the volume is on 10.
- Model: Modern Plus HSH
- Color: Trans Blue Denim Slate
- Top: Flame Maple
- Binding: Natural
- Back: Basswood
- Fretboard: Pau Ferro
- Radius: 10" - 14" Compound
- Nut: 1.650" Tusq
- Frets: 24, Jumbo Stainless Steel
- Neck Wood: Roasted Maple
- Neck Profile: Modern Elliptical .800" - .850"
- Neck Pickup: SSV
- Middle Pickup: V60LP
- Bridge Pickup: SSH+
- Controls: 1x Volume, 1x Tone (push/pull to split both humbuckers)
- Pickup Selector: 5-Way Blade Switch
- Bridge: Gotoh 510 Tremolo
- Tuners: Suhr Locking
- Case: Deluxe Suhr Gig Bag
- Instrument Weight: 7.4 lbs