Washburn’s Comfort Series combine looks and ergonomics to deliver the ultimate player-friendly guitars. With their armrests, these guitars hug the body rather than digging into it and provide a comfortable playing experience whether you’re sitting or standing.
The Comfort G55CE Koa is a Grand Auditorium style acoustic/electric guitar with a Venetian cutaway for superior upper fret access. A highlight of the Comfort Series is the deluxe re-curve style ergonomic armrest bevel at the lower bout which becomes part of the mahogany top binding. The guitar features a Koa top and Koa back and sides, mahogany/maple bound body and headstock. The satin finished mahogany neck has an Ovangkol fingerboard devoid of inlays and in tandem with the mahogany bound Ovangkol bridge adds an aura of understated elegance. A maple/mahogany/maple strip splits the book matched Koa back as well. The headstock features a mother-of-pearl Washburn logo and 18:1 ratio tuners. The Washburn Parquet style rosette is made of alternating maple and mahogany.
The Comfort G55CE Koa is a fantastic sounding acoustic guitar in its own right but the addition of premium Fishman electronics makes for an outstanding stage performance guitar. The Fishman® 501T Presys+ is an integrated tuner/preamp system for versatile amplified tonal shaping.
Comfort Deluxe Armrest
- The Deluxe recurved ergonomic armrest bevel increases the playing comfort on this larger Grand Auditorium body guitar. Deluxe recurved armrest models feature additional trim and miter handiwork throughout the body and bridge.
Koa Top, Back and Sides
- The Comfort G55CE is built with figured Koa on its soundboard, back and sides. Figured Koa is a beautiful tropical tonewood known for it's rich, deep luster and balanced, warm tone.
- Equipped with a Fishman® Presys+, active preamp system for versatile amplified tonal shaping. The Presys+ also sports an integrated tuner.
Body & Construction
- Top Wood: Koa
- Back Wood: Koa
- Sides: Koa
- Bracing: Cathedral Peaked Scalloped-X
- Rosette: Washburn Parquet, 3-Ring
- Type: Acoustic Guitars
- Shape: Grand Auditorium
- Style: 6 String Acoustic, Cutaway
- Controls: Volume, built-in tuner, bass/middle/treble, notch/mic blend/phase
- Preamp System: Fishman Presys+ 501T w/tuner
- Color: Natural
- Finish: Gloss Finish
- Strings: D'Addario EXP-16 light set phospher bronze
- Additional Info Case: GCGADLX-U (not included)
- Neck Wood: Satin Mahogany with 2 way Truss Rod
- Fretboard: Ovangkol
- Number Of Frets: 20 frets
- Nut Bone
- Nut Width: 1-3/4"
- Scale: 25-5/16"
- Hardware: Black Hardware
- Bridge: Mahogany Bound Ovangkol
- Tuners: 18:1 Black with Black Buttons