Yamaha APX600 Thinline Acoustic-Electric Guitar - Black
Take the stage by storm
As an electric guitarist in the '80s, if you wanted to play acoustic on stage there were few options available. In 1987, Yamaha made the first acoustic guitar that could be taken from a guitar rack, plugged in and played at volume, problem free; no more howling feedback, misplaced mics or dreaded extended sound checks.
The latest APX600 features a unique under-saddle piezo pickup, the Yamaha proprietary SRT transducer featured in the highly-acclaimed A Series range, a natural tone and the feedback rejection and mix-friendly sound guitarists crave.
Although its style has evolved, the essence of the APX remains the same. Today, it boasts a more natural look, a deeper body for better bass response and greater volume, and a new non-scalloped bracing pattern for a responsive, dynamic tone.
Body depth and Bracing pattern
The APX’s thin-line body offers incredible comfort, top-fret access, and a sound perfect for on-stage use. Specially designed non-scalloped X-type bracing maximizes body resonance for full, natural tone.
APX Soundhole : Oval
The instantly recognizable APX soundhole thickens lower-mid response and gives a more strident, open low-end.
Electric system : Piezo pickup system for APX600
This pickup uses individual elements for each string to give an ultra-clear, ultra-wide bandwidth signal with far better dynamic response and tonal accuracy than a regular piezo pickup.
- Thin-line cutaway body design for exceptional playability
- 25" scale length and narrower string spacing for enhanced comfort
- New bracing pattern for increased bass response
- Abalone soundhole rosette
- Stage-focused pickup system for shaping your sound in the mix
- Body Shape: APX Shape
- Scale Length: 634mm (25”)
- Body Length: 490mm (19 5/16")
- Total Length: 1022mm (40 1/4")
- Body Width: 384mm (15 1/8")
- Body Depth: 80-90mm (3 1/8" - 3 9/16")
- Nut Width:' 43mm (1 11/16”)
- String Spacing : 10.0mm
- Top Material: Spruce
- Back Material: Nato
- Side Material: Nato
- Neck Material: Locally Sourced Tonewood **
- Fingerboard Material: Rosewood
- Fingerboard Radius: R400mm (23 5/8")
- Bridge Material: Rosewood
- Nut Material: Urea
- Saddle Material: Urea
- Bridge Pins: Black ABS with White Dot
- Tuners: Die-cast Chrome(TM29T)
- Body Binding: Ivory + Black
- Soundhole Inlay: ABS + Abalone
- Pickguard: None
- Body Finish: Gloss
- Neck Finish: Matt (Gloss for BL, VW color variation)
- Electronics: SYSTEM65 + SRT Piezo Pickup
- Controls: Vol/3-band EQ/Tuner/Mid FQ
- Connections: LINE OUT
- Strings: .012/.016/.024/.032/.042/.053
- Accessories: Hex Wrench, 2 x AA Batteries
- Case: None