Out of stock
Yamaha RS720B Revstar HH Electric Guitar Flame Maple Top Ash Grey w/ Bigsby (E-STOCK)
The style, feel and sound of the RS720B are unmistakably classic, however, no detail has been left to blind tradition. From unique pickups voiced to match the Bigsby vibrato, to re-imagined inlays from a vintage Yamaha guitar, this award-winning series has everything it takes to be great.
- Designed from the ground up, Revstar features specially-wound YGD pickups that are perfectly matched to each guitar. More than 50 prototype pickups were tested featuring different combinations of wire, windings, magnets and base plates. Eventually, a spec was settled on for each guitar model and the Revstar pickup series was born.
VT5 : RS720B
- Alnico V magnets, brass baseplate and underwound polyurethane wire for clear, ringing, low-output tone. [4.3k (neck)/4.9k (bridge) DCR]
- Designed especially for Revstar, the Yamaha proprietary Dry Switch gives you the versatility of a coil split, but with tone that's miles ahead. Using a passive filter circuit painstakingly designed to give the perfect frequency response, the Dry Switch filters out low frequencies to give the punch and clarity of a single-coil pickup without the inevitable hum and hollow tone often associated with split humbucking pickups. The Dry Switch works on both humbuckers and P90s for a totally unique, usable tone.
- Inspired by the stripped-down, custom Café Racer motorbikes popularized in the 1960s, Revstar hardware captures their high-performance and individual character. From their unique pickup covers and raw copper scratchplate on the Revstar Professional to the custom, floating aluminum tailpiece on the RS502T, each and every component is perfectly calibrated for great performance and unmistakable style
- Revstar is a workhorse through and through, but that doesn't compromise its comfort and playability. With every contour designed from the ground up to look and feel great, the Revstar body features a deep belly cut, hidden forearm contour and a newly-designed neck joint for outstanding upper fret access.
Initial Response Acceleration (I.R.A.)
- Using I.R.A. technology, stresses between parts like finish, woods, body, neck and fingerboard are released by applying specific vibrations to the completed guitars. Once this treatment is complete, the guitar responds accurately and produces sound more easily. It also shortens the time required for the guitar to adapt to your playing style and delivers excellent sustain.
- Construction: Set-in
- Scale Length: 24-3/4" (628.6mm)
- Body Materials: Flame Maple Laminated / Maple / Mahogany (Maple / Mahogany for SPB color)
- Body Finish: Hand-Brushed Satin (Steel Wool) Finish/Polyurethane
- Neck Materials: Mahogany 3-Piece
- Neck Finish: Gloss Polyurethane
- Fingerboard Materials: Rosewood
- Fingerboard Radius: 13-3/4" (350mm)
- Fret wire: Jumbo
- Number of frets: 22
- Nut materials: Urea
- Neck Width @ 0 Fret / 12th Fret: 43.0 / 52.5 mm
- Thickness @1st Fret / 12th Fret: 21.1 / 25.2 mm
- Neck Pickup: VT5n+: Humbucker/Alnico V
- Bridge Pickup: VT5b+: Humbucker/Alnico V
- Controls: Master Volume, Master Tone (Push-Pull "Dry Switch")
- Pickup Switch: 3-Position Lever Switch
- Bridge: Tune-O-Matic
- String Spacing: 10.5mm
- Tailpiece: Bigsby B50
- Tuning Machines: Locking Die-Cast
- Pickguard: 3-Ply Black
- String Gauge: Elixir Electric Nickel-Plated Steel with Nanoweb Coating / 0.010-0.046
- Case: Gig Bag
Write Your Own Review