You've got the chops and you're ready to nail that audition, hit the stage, or get creative in the studio—now it's time to get out there and get noticed. The 400 lineup continues the BB tradition of great build quality and signature sound that won the series acclaim throughout its forty-year history. Whether you prefer a rosewood fingerboard or the distinctively bright, crisp sound of maple, the precision feel and response of the six bolt miter neck along with the presence and clarityof custom-wound pickups will inspire you to play your best when it really counts.
6-bolt Miter Neck Joint
Miter bolting holds the neck closer and tighter to the body fusing these two separate components into one.
Compared to a conventional bolt-on joint, miter bolting offers more efficient transfer of string vibration throughout the body, for improved sustain and outstanding resonance that brings every note to life.
YGD Custom V5 Pickups
Alnico magnet pickups tuned to deliver the classic BB vintage tone, slightly updated to provide a brighter sound that cuts through in live performance situations.
The new BB models are equipped with one tone control and two volume control knobs, for versatile sound shaping.
Convertible Bridge for Precise Tone Shaping: Vintage Plus Light Bridge
The 400 models are equipped with a Vintage Plus Light bridge that incorporates “Diagonal Body Thru Stringing,” in which the strings are angled at the saddle and pass through the instrument to the bridge at a 45º angle, as opposed to the traditional vertical stringing method which places more stress on the strings. Diagonal Body Thru Stringing significantly reduces this stress while transferring string vibration to the body reliably and efficiently. The strings can also be attached to the tail end of the bridge. In 5-string models the bridge is equipped with an offset
The new series features a 5-ply maple and mahogany laminated neck, in a bolt-on design that delivers a sharp attack, and quick response. This durable construction resists warping and twisting and adds the tight, penetrating character of maple combined with the warmth of mahogany to the instrument’s tone.
New Neck Shape
The New BB models feature a slightly thinner neck than previous BB basses, improving playability and feel for both modern and traditional players.
Lighter weight tuners offer a better balance and complement the overall feel, providing a perfect match for the smaller, lighter body of the new BB.
- Construction: Bolt-on (6-bolt miter neck joint )
- Scale Length: 34" (863.6 mm)
- Body Materials: Alder
- Body Finish: Gloss Polyurethane
- Neck Materials: Maple/ Mahogany 5pcs
- Neck Finish: Satin Polyurethane
- Fingerboard Material: Rosewood
- Fingerboard Radius: 10" (250 mm)
- Fret wire: Medium
- Number of frets: 21
- Nut materials: Graphtech
- Neck Width @ 0 Fret / 12th Fret: 40.0 / 56.3 mm
- Thickness @1st Fret / 12th Fret: 21.0 / 23.0 mm
- Neck Pickup: VSP5n : Split Single Coil / Alnico V
- Bridge Pickup: VSC5b ; Single Coil / Alnico V
- Controls: Neck PU Volume, Bridge PU Volume, Master Tone
- Bridge: Vintage Plus Light : Convertible stringing, Steel saddle
- String spacing: 19 mm
- Tuning Machines: Lightweight Open Gear
- Pickguard: Tobacco Brown Sunburst / 3Ply Black Teal Blue, Black / 3Ply Cream
- String gauge: D'Addario EXL-170SL / 0.045-0.100