The CGX102 blends the great tone and outstanding value of the CG102 with the added flexibility of amplification. It features Yamaha-designed contact pickups and a System68N preamp, which make its natural amplified tone possible.
Thinner Bridge Plate
CG Series guitars feature a bracing pattern that delivers excellent response and rich resonance and a bridge plate that efficiently transfers string vibration to the guitar top.
Spruce: Clear, massive tone that improves as the wood matures, with great variation according to touch.
3-Ply Laminate Necks
The 3-ply, laminate neck design resists warping and twisting and improves neck strength, offers greater stability against shape changes over time and allows lower string height.
The matte finish on the back of the neck is applied with a think coat and allows the left hand to move smoothly, while also providing a secure grip. The finish is also applied to the bridge for improved resonance.
Years of experience and original technologies have brought improvements to our saddle and saddle slot design. Crafting these components with great precision provides a highly accurate fit that improves attack and sustain while reducing string vibration loss, transferring rich resonance to the body.
- Body Shape: Yamaha CG Shape
- Scale Length: 650 mm (25 9/16")
- Body Length: 490 mm (19 5/16")
- Total Length: 1005 mm (39 9/16")
- Body Width: 370 mm (14 9/16")
- Body Depth: 94-100 mm (3 11/16" - 3 15/16")
- Nut Width: 52 mm (2 1/16")
- String Spacing: 11.8 mm
- Top Material: Spruce
- Back Material: Nato
- Side Material: Nato
- Neck Material: Locally Sourced Tonewood **
- Fingerboard Material: Rosewood
- Fingerboard Radius: Flat
- Bridge Material: Rosewood
- Nut Material: Urea
- Saddle Material: Urea
- Bridge Pins: None
- Tuners: Chrome (RM-1252X)
- Body Binding: Black + White
- Sound Hole Inlay: Decal
- Pickguard: None
- Body Finish: Gloss
- Neck Finish: Matte
- Electronics: SYSTEM68 + ART 1-Way Pickup
- Controls: Vol/Tone/Tuner
- Connections: LINE OUT
- Strings: Medium
- Case: None