This Yamaha FGX830C has a dent on the top of the body.
Yamaha FGX830C Dreadnought Acoustic-Electric Guitar, Rosewood Fingerboard - Black
Derived from FG830 which has the solid spruce top and rosewood back/sides, FGX830C has a cutaway body and the electric system. Yamaha's proprietary under-saddle piezo pickup and System66 analog preamp ensure the solid plugged-in performance.
Newly Developed Scalloped Bracing
A new FG has louder and stronger sound in the low- to mid-ranges, thanks to cutting-edge acoustic analysis technology developed by the Yamaha R&D Division.Yamaha’s engineers have achieved this sound by utilizing analysis and simulation to arrive at the best bracing design without depending on tradition or guesswork.This analysis led to the development of the new scalloped bracing pattern, a new and ideal acoustic structure that maintains the durability of the top board while bringing out the most sound the Yamaha FG has to offer.
(1) New Scalloped Bracing
(2) Normal Bracing
50 Years of History
The history of Yamaha‘s FG series started in 1966 with the release of the FG180 and FG150. Over the 50 years since its introduction, we have developed and produced several generations of FG - all of which have made FG the ideal acoustic for contemporary players.In all, there have been over 200 FG models since 1966.
The Power of Choice
2 body shapes, including an all-new FS concert size; 5 grades featuring different tonewood options; a myriad of color options; acoustic or electric-acoustic models. Whatever the personality of your music, there’s an FG to match.
Made in Yamaha
Every aspect of an FG is crafted to make a better guitar. From painstakingly cured and dried woods to beautiful hand-sprayed finishes and detailed quality control checks each and every FG is made to be a lifelong partner.
- Traditional Western Body
- Solid Spruce Top
- Rosewood Back & Sides
- Newly Developed Scalloped Bracing
- Rich Overtones
- Scale Length 650mm (25 9/16”)
- Body Length 505mm (19 7/8")
- Total Length 1038mm (40 7/8")
- Body Width 412mm (16 1/4")
- Body Depth 100-118mm (3 15/16”- 4 5/8”)
- Nut Width 43mm (1 11/16”)
- Top Material Solid Spruce
- Back Material Rosewood
- Side Material Rosewood
- Neck Material Nato
- Fingerboard Material Rosewood
- Fingerboard Radius R400mm (15 3/4")
- Bridge Material Rosewood
- Nut Material Urea
- Saddle Material Urea
- Bridge Pins Black ABS with White Dot
- Tuners Die-cast Chrome(TM29T)
- Body Binding Cream
- Soundhole Inlay Abalone w/ Black + White
- Pickguard Tortoise Pattern (Black for BL color variation)
- Body Finish Gloss
- Neck Finish Matt
- Electronics SYSTEM66 + SRT Piezo Pickup
- Controls Vol/3-band EQ/Tuner/Mid FQ
- Accessories Hex Wrench, 2 x AA Batteries
- Case None
- Body Shape Traditional Western Cutaway
- String Spacing * 11.0mm
- Connections LINE OUT
- Strings Yamaha FS50BT or D'Addario EXP11