THE NEW STANDARD: With two available pickup configurations, 5-way switching, and the Focus Switch passive boost, the new Revstar Standard is all about versatility.
Used in place of a signature in Japan, the hanko stamp on every Revstar guitar is our seal of approval.
CHAMBERED BODY WITH ACOUSTIC DESIGN
Revstar Standard guitars feature chambered bodies designed to sculpt tone and reduce weight, with carbon reinforcement in the neck to improve vibration transfer.
Standard models offer 5-way switching. In positions 2 and 4, our circuit slightly delays the opposite pickup for a new take on classic ""in between"" sounds.
The push/pull Tone control activates a passive boost with an effect similar to overwound pickups—darker highs, increased mids and lows, and an aggressive character.
CHOICE OF PICKUPS
RSS20 features humbuckers, and RSS02T offers P90-style single-coils. All pickups are custom designed by Yamaha and use Alnico V magnets for powerful tone.
GUITAR SOUND SAMPLES – OVERDRIVE
Revstar Standard guitars also feature the new Focus Switch. This is a passive boost activated by a push/pull switch on the Tone control that offers darker highs and increased lows and mids.
GUITAR SOUND SAMPLES – CLEAN
RSS20 features custom-designed Alnico V humbuckers with five-way switching for additional versatility. Positions 2 and 4 introduce capacitors to subtly offset the phase between both pickups for a new take on classic “in-between” sounds.
- 6 Café racer inspired finishes
- Chambered maple and mahogany body
- Carbon-reinforced 3-piece mahogany neck
- 2 Alnico V humbucking pickups
- 5-Position pickup selector
- Passive Focus Switch
- Deluxe gig bag included
- Construction: Set-in
- Scale Length: 24-3/4” (628.6mm)
- Body Materials: Top: Maple / Back: Chambered Mahogany
- Body Finish: Gloss Polyurethane
- Neck Materials: 3-Piece Mahogany, Carbon Reinforcement
- Neck Finish: Satin Polyurethane
- Fingerboard Materials: Rosewood
- Fingerboard Radius: 12"" (304.8mm)
- Fret wire: Jumbo Stainless steel
- Number of frets: 22
- Nut materials: PPS
- Neck Width @ 0 Fret / 12th Fret: 41.9 / 52.0 mm
- Thickness @1st Fret / 12th Fret: 21.0 / 23.9 mm
- Neck Pickup: VH5n: Humbucker / Alnico V
- Bridge Pickup: VH5b: Humbucker / Alnico V
- Controls: Master Volume, Master Tone (Push-Pull ""Focus Switch"")
- Pickup Switch: 5-Position Lever Switch
- Bridge: Tune-O-Matic
- String spacing: 10.5mm
- Tailpiece: Stopbar
- Tuning Machines: Die-Cast
- Pickguard: 3-Ply Black
- String gauge: Elixir Nanoweb Light / 0.010-0.046
- Case: Gig Bag