Refining Tradition to Perfection.
The Hollow Series has faced continuous model changes and new lineup expansions in response to market demands and trends since 1966. Such an achievement has only been done by Yamaha because no other company has developed both acoustic craftsmanship and electronic technology. Current lineups offer various body styles and pickup configurations to accommodate a diverse range of player requests. The SA2200 combines a classic design with outstanding craftsmanship, premium materials and player-focused features to create a guitar that perfectly combines looks, sound and playability.
Semi-Hollow Body - What looks like a full acoustic guitar is actually a semi-hollow design with a center block located underneath the bridge to prevent feedback.
Pickups - Humbucker type with Alnico V magnets. Three-point support system provides fine height adjustment between pickup and strings.
Bridge - Precision design offers accurate height, tension and intonation adjustment.
- Body Materials: Laminated Sycamore / Soft Maple Center Block
- Body Finish: Gloss Polyurethane
- Construction: Set-In
- Scale Length: 24-3/4" (628.6 mm)
- Neck Materials: Mahogany
- Neck Finish: Gloss Polyurethane
- Fingerboard Materials: Ebony
- Fingerboard Radius: 13-3/4" (350 mm)
- Fret wire: Medium Jumbo
- Number of frets: 22
- Nut materials: Bone
- Neck Width @ 0 Fret / 12th Fret: 43/53.5 mm
- Thickness @1st Fret / 12th Fret: 20.5/22.2 mm
- Bridge: Gotoh GE103B
- String Spacing: 10.4 mm
- Tailpiece: Gotoh GE101Z
- Tuning Machines: Gotoh SG30
- Pickguard: 2-Ply Black
- Neck Pickup: Yamaha Humbucker/Alnico V
- Bridge Pickup: Humbucker/Alnico V
- Controls: Front Volume, Rear Volume, Front Tone, Rear Tone
- Pickup Switch: 3-Position Toggle Switch
- String Gauge: D'Addario EXL110 / 0.010-0.046
- Case: Sold Separately
- Made in Japan
- Instrument Weight: 8.2 lbs